Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Course Records

i think if its not in a tourney it dosent count. and dave grennwell shot a 17 down at iq he missed hole three thats it. and offically i hold the new course record at idlewild on the new longs at 68 i won money for that one.
    themick

ive shot 44 twice at georgetown in the new layout also with witness both not in tourney and i guess i hold the charlestown course record to at 47
    themick

LDGC Public Relations

so just for those questioning the records -

please note that under each course i have listed

singles records
    singles tourney records
    doubles
    doubles tourney records
    etc.

got another for you to add Martin...

Scott: cv 18 holes long, tournament, 47

AND...

Nikko: Freeman, tournament longs, with 5 extras. 58. (-11)

LDGC Public Relations

updated

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post

Old English

Singles: Scott Rief 64 (tourney layout, white tees, ebony tees on 3 & 7, black on 14)

Tournament: Matt Blakely 62, Old English '08
    Just curious what the difference is from the tourney layout and the tournament. I am trying to get a good idea of tee selections for a sanctioned event in September. If anyone cares to chime in that'd be great.

The most fun layout (for open/advanced) seems to be what we've been playing/calling the "tournament" layout.

If you want to go play it sometime, I'd like to go there sometime in May. I could show you the layout, I can't remember everything on paper. I know that the ebony tees on 3 and 7 are a must, and black on 14. But there is a good mix on the other holes which are not consistantly one certain color. Some of the longest tees make the holes not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by PDGA#26039 View Post
    The most fun layout (for open/advanced) seems to be what we've been playing/calling the "tournament" layout.

If you want to go play it sometime, I'd like to go there sometime in May. I could show you the layout, I can't remember everything on paper. I know that the ebony tees on 3 and 7 are a must, and black on 14. But there is a good mix on the other holes which are not consistantly one certain color. Some of the longest tees make the holes not as good.
    Sure why not, maybe you can fix my noodle arm! HAHA! Late May or early June would be the best time for me.

... is the ebony tee on hole 7 the one by the graveyard, or is that the black tee? black on 14 is definitely a must for Adv/Pros, of course I wouldnt recommend all of these tee selections for the Recs/Ints

I'll talk to Carey and see if we can get some free greens fees since it's for the sake of the tournament. At least some discounts for sure.

may is better for me, I was hoping to use that course as a Japan Open warmup, which is in early june

Quote Originally Posted by PDGA#26039 View Post
    may is better for me, I was hoping to use that course as a Japan Open warmup, which is in early june
    Yea I didn't think about the JO.. just let me know whenever I am sure I can get out of working for the sake of DG.

Thread Information