Thread: Closest yet to my first ace...

Default Closest yet to my first ace...

Hole 2 short at freeman with my 11x teebird...looked great out of the hand, smashed chains...when i got up there it had bounced back right about 8 feet, i guess it hit the pole...so close...

I almost know that feeling. A week ago I hit basket on #6 at IQ. It took me over 5 minutes of looking around everywhere to find my (bright light blue) disc. It ended up 4 feet away from the basket, completely buried in leaves.
    I'm a professional 120-foot putter, as long as I'm at Iroquois and as long as I'm on hole 14.

TFPL

Good run Hamilton.
    With the leaves gone and being able to see it all the way there, you must have gotten real pumped. That feeling, when you throw a good shot, and you know it has a chance is a great feeling. Even having the basket reject it, does not erase those few seconds of anticipation.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

very true about the anticipation john...i actually thought i overthrew it at first but it came right down and BANG...you can't really see the cage until you get about halfway down the fairway, so i was hoping and hoping for those 30 seconds...still not too disappointed in an easy deuce...then i deuced 3 right after and made me feel even better...

nice shot on 2, and great back to back dueces! maybe next time it will stick!

I thought Freeman Lake was closed, because they are putting up Christmas lights.

you can park at target on the side close to hole 5 and just play from 5 back around to 4...TECHNICALLY the park is closed, but people are still out there walking, fishing, DG'ing, etc...I've never had anything said to me about being there during the christmas in the park thing...

Buffalo Chip

I hit my near ace at #2 at Buffalo Tuesday. I was throwing by myself as usual and nobody was there to witness it. I threw a Orc with a hyzer angle and it made it thru the tree limbs and I ran up the hill to look at the basket and I seen it on a perfect line and BANG it hit the yellow band and bounced off the front about 15 foot away. I think #2 will be my first Ace some day. Good Job Hamilton !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    you can park at target on the side close to hole 5 and just play from 5 back around to 4...TECHNICALLY the park is closed, but people are still out there walking, fishing, DG'ing, etc...I've never had anything said to me about being there during the christmas in the park thing...
    I learn something new every day. That's good to hear, that you can still play some disc golf during the holidays there.

It's a shame when the ones that are dead on bounce out. Great shot!
    Last edited by kirvin2; 12-03-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: forgot to congrat

Default My ace hole is no longer there...

I had my first ace on hole #10 at Gary Cavan Park in Georgetown Indiana just a few months after I began playing (Go figure huh?). At the time the hole was probably 115 feet through a zillion trees. I threw a Tommy with an Eclipse that nailed a tree about five feet above and to the right of the basket; and it caromed directly into it. Fortunately, one of my sons and his friends were there to witness it.

Almost sadly though, the park completely wiped out that hole for a differing configuration; so I can no longer point to the place of my ace...

Still, the new #10 is much better; although it would take one heck of a throw to ace it now. In the winter without foliage yes, but during the spring/summer very difficult.

Thread Information