Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best or Favorite Putter?

Has anyone tried using a Hydra? I have one from back when they were calling it a multi-purpose, and I ended up not liking it as a mid-range. I haven't thrown it in a while, but now Innova's calling it a putter. I'm going to give it a shot the next time I play, but does anyone here have any experience putting with one?

No Hydra, but I putt with dx spiders (also listed as multi-purpose).

I dont swing one way or another when It comes to brand. At the moment I am truly in love with Discraft's Magnet range of putters. I use the hard for mid to long range and the soft for close range bombing. I'v been told the X is a kicking disk to.
    It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I dont swing one way or another when It comes to brand. At the moment I am truly in love with Discraft's Magnet range of putters. I use the hard for mid to long range and the soft for close range bombing. I'v been told the X is a kicking disk to.

If you like driving with Magnets but want somthing a little more durable try the DGA Titanic. It is the same mold but more like elite z plastic. They are cheaper than the out of production z Magnets and easy to come by.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

DGA Titanic I missed that one. I'll have to get my paws on one. Thanks for the tip!
    It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    No Hydra, but I putt with dx spiders (also listed as multi-purpose).
    You aren't the first person I've seen who putts with a Spider. I like using one for sitting up close to the basket, but I can't seem to putt with one well for some reason.

Although, literally, NOBODY except me throws them, the Aerobie Arrow putter/mid-range (up to about 225 on a RHBH or Forehand for me) is golden. Although they are decidedly different in feel because of their pronounced rims, the fact is that of they are thrown with any semblance of 'flat' they will not only go straight at the target; but if you miss they'll just plop down 99% of the time. The exception to this 'rule' is if you hit basket or chain; and it stands straight up...THEN you might have a pretty good roller.

Having said that, they are also my primary roller discs as well! My advice is to take a flyer on one. Play an entire round or two using this disc only, then decide. I'd be very surprised if you don't come around. I'm not a great player/putter; however just about anybody who has played with me can testify how I have nailed some seemingly no-way-Jose shots with the Arrow. Roger/Eddiebtrue

I love the Discraft Super Soft APX.

My 2 faves are the R Pro DART & R Pro PIG

It's simple #1 rated putter is the DX aviar I prefer 175g. better in all conditions.

Thread Information