Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best or Favorite Putter?

i started with wizards, then I switched to aviars, but for the way I putt, I ended up going to the pig, and I know everybody laughs at me about it, but I find it's what works with me..I tend to put a lil' anny on my putts so with the pig being overstable and heavier, it helps correct that, plus it's the best thing to putt with in the wind...so those of you that like the rhyno, try a pig and see if you like it, i'm not big on the R-Pro plastic but the pro is great. plus once you beat it in, becomes a great mid range also.
    I leave it all to the flying Pig....
    Dave Bustetter

i love my heavy aviars, no bead, not to stiff, not to floppy. although i did order a "reef" putter today made by dga, just for the hell of it, i figured i had too.

Buffalo Chip

I know that ebay just took a run on Reef putters
    I feel a signature series coming in the near future. Look out Shultz and Feldberg!

Personally, I like to use a fairly heavy Aviar when making a run for the pin. When it hits chains, it falls in and stays in. I tried a Soft Magnet, but ironically, it kept skipping off the chains. It could just need to beat it in a little bit, but we'll see later on.

For making a long approach/accurate mid shot, I like using a Sirius Omega. I've never seen anything hold a straight line so stubbornly in my life. It doesn't make bad putts either, but I found my Aviar to grab chains just a little bit better.

I've heard nothing but praise about Gateway's line of putters, but I've yet to try any of them, so I guess I'm a little uncultured.

MVP Ion! One of the best driving putters around. Great feel, great chain grabbing ability.

But as Kao said, practice makes the putter. ANY great putter can use ANY putter to putt greatly.
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

my first putter was a Millennium Omega not a bad putter but I switched to a DX Aviar 170g about six months later and now I am throwing 175g Star Aviars. For me the aviar is the best I have tried the Rhyno, Pig, Aero, Birdie, Dart, XD, and Polecat.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    my first putter was a Millennium Omega not a bad putter but I switched to a DX Aviar 170g about six months later and now I am throwing 175g Star Aviars. For me the aviar is the best I have tried the Rhyno, Pig, Aero, Birdie, Dart, XD, and Polecat.
    Sponsored by Innova?
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

I prefer the supersoft Omega. I have about 8 of them that I practice with. They also work well for me on upshots with my sidearm, and for Turbo putts.

I carry 3 putters for different situations, avair, Omega supersoft, and a Rhyno. I use a putter for a upshot now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Sponsored by Innova?
    LOL!! Just what the people I normally play with throw.

Thread Information