Thread: Disc ID Help

Default Disc ID Help

I bought a used disc at Play it Again a few days ago and I need some help figuring out exactly what I've got. From the rim / shape, I could tell it was some sort of mid-range. It's an Innova disc. The stamp is from the 2006 Charlie Vettner Open. The design shows the bottom of a basket with some ants packing a disc. It is Orange / Red in color. I think it might be a Roc, but I don't know for sure. Can anyone confirm what was given away at that tourney? Thanks for your help.

I have a beat up red one from 06 that I bought at the Outer Loop location and it is a Roc. I don't know if any other molds were ordered that year though. Can you see any letters under the location where the weight is normally marked?
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

The letters and weight have been rubbed off. Thanks for your help. I thought it might be a Roc. Maybe others can confirm that this was the only mold that was given away that year.

LDGC Public Relations

Most likely a roc - maybe even the san Marino mold

Other then aviars I don't think we got any other midranges that year

The one I got was a Rancho.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

I just looked at the order form for the 2006 CVO. I ordered Rocs, Cobras, and Stingrays all in DX plastic. The Roc and the Cobra is hard to tell the difference between. The Stingray is a little easier. It doesn't have a bead around the circumference of the bottom edge. The Roc and Cobra both have a bead. The Cobra's rim depth is CONSIDERABLY more shallow that a Roc. If you set a Roc and a Cobra flat on a table the Roc would stand taller than the Cobra.

I gave out Rocs in the players packs that year so there were more Rocs than anything else. With those odds I bet it's a Roc. That stamp is one of my all time favorites.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Thread Information