Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need everyone's opinion (Front Page)

Hybrid View

Administrator

Default I Need everyone's opinion (Front Page)

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on changing the front page of the site I haven't switched it over or anything yet but I want everyone opinion on what I'm doing before I do it.

Go to this link http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/cmps_index.php and tell me what you think. This will give the ability of the club officers to update the front page with whats happening and the calender will stay more up to date. The weather part of it will be there might even be there already when you read this.

Also I will be changing the header of the site I just need some pictures where I can go a head with it. So again if you have any please send them to xcf202@gmail.com.

- Nick Murphy

I think that will look REALLY good. Obviously logos and pictures will really make everything pop but I think it looks pretty good. Would you like the pictures that I used in the banners before. Is there anyway to reuse those?
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Administrator

Yeah I'll take those is there any way I can get them with nothing on it? If not its cool I just wanted to use the logo I've done on it.

I think this will be a lot better as well cause it pulls from the Vbulletin Calender which will be a lot easier to update.

Quote Originally Posted by nick murphy View Post
    Yeah I'll take those is there any way I can get them with nothing on it? If not its cool I just wanted to use the logo I've done on it.
    Shouldn't be a problem.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Administrator

UPDATE

I would like to tell everyone in the next couple days the front page of LouisvilleDiscGolf.com will be updated to the new site. I'm also working on getting the Gallery bugs worked out and I encourage everyone to upload pictures of anything disc golf related.

I'm still working on the avatar issue, every time I try to link them with everyone's account there's a failed error. So I'm wondering if anyone would have a problem with me just uploading them to the site, and making it where you can choose that avatar, instead of me messing around trying to link them to your account.

You do what you gotta do BIG GUY. I am not that computer literate, so in my opinion, I am living in your world. If you want to attach my avatar to my favorite driver; I can't stop you. I'll just throw it 350 ft. into a tree.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

Just thought of a few ideas for the main page.

1.) Some area where we can welcome new members or give props to people for wins or things they have done to help out the club. I have seen little chat boxes on other sites that would be good for this.

2.) A section showing local player ratings that can be updated when they change.

3.) A shop now link to Prime Disc with our affiliate already selected.

4.) A PayPal button where people can make donations.

5.) A list of our current disc inventory and the going prices.

6.) A section similar to the bag tag box but with "Recent Aces" showing who, when, where, and total.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Just thought of a few ideas for the main page.

1.) Some area where we can welcome new members or give props to people for wins or things they have done to help out the club. I have seen little chat boxes on other sites that would be good for this.

2.) A section showing local player ratings that can be updated when they change.

3.) A shop now link to Prime Disc with our affiliate already selected.

4.) A PayPal button where people can make donations.

5.) A list of our current disc inventory and the going prices.

6.) A section similar to the bag tag box but with "Recent Aces" showing who, when, where, and total.
    I will be working on the ideas you give me! Some of them will make it to the site and others might. Just depends on what happens.

The idea about donations will have to be brought up to the Club Officials. They'll have to make a paypal account and everything to make this possible. I like the idea though.

But thanks for the ideas!

Also!

UPDATE

I've changed the front page check out the top of the page as well! Pictures!!! Yay! If you have any disc golf related pictures that has to do with the club please upload them to your albums on the forum if you can!

I would like to try and get all the courses photos uploaded and everything as well!
    Last edited by nick murphy; 08-27-2009 at 04:01 PM.

I've got a few sweet pics I will upload tomorrow of a bunch of us at the bg ams this year. Just noticed them in my iphoto. Could be useful for a background/ banner? We should try to get a big group shot for the cv tourney. That would be cool
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Quote Originally Posted by illyB View Post
    I've got a few sweet pics I will upload tomorrow of a bunch of us at the bg ams this year. Just noticed them in my iphoto. Could be useful for a background/ banner? We should try to get a big group shot for the cv tourney. That would be cool
    A group photo would be cool!
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Thread Information