Thread: New Louisville Dealer

Default New Louisville Dealer

I am looking into becoming a Disc Golf Dealer in Middletown, KY. I am interested to hear if that is needed. I have been in touch with Disc Craft and Innova about becoming a dealer and looks like it is no problem. I currently own a specialty sporting goods store in Middletown, KY and was approached by some players who mentioned I should carry discs and accessories.

Any help or thoughts on the matter? How many players are there in the greater Louisville area?

Thanks,
    Shawn
    Stickhead Lacrosse & Sports

The more places to purchase disc the better in my opinion. River Town Spirits, Daves Shop, Dicks Sporting Goods, Lickity Split, and a couple of Play it Again Sports are the stores currently selling plastic. There are other local players that sell plastic as well.

RTS and Dave have the best selection, PIAS on Outerloop is decent, Lickity Split and the other PIAS are hit or miss while Dicks is downright poor.

There are alot of people playing in Louisville. It is common to see alot of people out playing the courses this time of the year. I like to play year round and don't see many people in the winter but I know I'm not the only one playing then it's just not as busy.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

it would be awesome to see discs at stickheads....WAY closer to me than PIA Sports...

hopefully you can keep the prices competitive unlike dicks...

I suggest having a used section for trade-ins similar to Play it Again Sports.

I live in the Lyndon area, so traveling to Middletown won't be a big deal, and I would love to support local business.

Another suggestion I will make is getting x-out discs. It's a good way (from a consumers perspective) to sell discs.
    Last edited by Sunspot; 08-25-2009 at 12:24 AM.

Buffalo Chip

Can you tell me where Daves shop is or is this Dave Greenwells private store not open to the public? Thanks

Dave's shop is a hair salon called Heads Above the Rest, 3618 Klondike Ln, Louisville, (502) 459-0104‎. I think they're closed on Monday and maybe Tuesday. It's a good idea to call before you go to make sure they're open.

The store is a little hard to find at first. There's a dry cleaning business on the far left end of the strip mall close to the stream. Go past the dry cleaning place like you're going to go behind the strip mall and you'll see the entrance on the side of the building facing the stream.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

You should give us a holla once you get your first shipment in.

Thread Information