Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work done recently at CV!!

Hybrid View

Talking Work done recently at CV!!

Looks like the parks dept are helping us nearing completion of this project. Gravel / large boulders were put down by the bridge on 1 and three. I think they did some work on the 15 / 16 bridge too. (I was in a zone at that point! haha) Starting to shape up some more there. Only downside in the machines used in hauling the material made a slight mess of the place but that will smooth out in time. And amazingly, no baskets were harmed in the process.
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Played a round today and the gravel around the bridges looks great. Still a few ruts from the machines but nothing to bad. Should be fine by the CVO.

Default CV Work

Was at Bink's shop today, got the hardware for the benches made up. We will shoot for installing the bench supports this coming Sat. We could use about 6 bodies that aren't playing E--town to help mix concrete and use post hole diggers. We will also start work on the Kiosk as soon as possible. Thing are starting to look up I think, maybe we can make some real progress!

Buffalo Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Was at Bink's shop today, got the hardware for the benches made up. We will shoot for installing the bench supports this coming Sat. We could use about 6 bodies that aren't playing E--town to help mix concrete and use post hole diggers. We will also start work on the Kiosk as soon as possible. Thing are starting to look up I think, maybe we can make some real progress!
    For what this is worth if anyone from Southern Indiana will be coming out on Saturday to volunteer I would be glad to help if I could get a ride!

Just thought I would share this here. It was posted in the CVO thread at DGCR by Dave242 who is an out of towner.

"Just played CV on Saturday. Great course! Big ups to those who worked to whip things into shape! Lots of mulch and gravel spread and no garbage out there. "
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

8 kiloparsects from galactic central core

So I guess the next step is to get the stairs rolling on 12 and 13? I have access to a lot of 12' treated 4x4s that could be cut to use as terrace stairs..So we need a couple shovels some strong backs and some gravel to fill in the stairs. SO how does the political approval process ball get rolling anyway?

Default CV Work

There is a Boy Scout troop that wants to do some more work at CV like the benches. Ther project would be the steps up to 14. I will get hold of DLG and se if we can coordinate your materials with their project. Any kind of help is always welcome. I did a little more work on the Kiosk yesterday, Mike Schepers and I got it going last Sat.

I've been hearing about a Boy Scout project to do stairs for over a year now. In the mean time, the grass on some of these steep hills continues to get trampled leaving a bald, muddy hill. Any idea if a date going to be set soon?

Or should we use the materials Joel so kindly volunteered, get approval from the Parks and to do this ourselves?

Wear and tear on the land is becoming more noticeable. It would be great to get a plan in place and get something done about this sooner rather than later. I'd hate to see CV start to look like IQ
    Last edited by Adam; 11-12-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

LDGC Public Relations

at CV the other day - stop and think about it a ton of work has been accomplished and is in the works -

3 bridges - Check
    5 benches - Check
    Bulletin Board - Almost Check - its up
    Stairs for 14 - Boy Scouts are getting it lined up - all the wood and measurements
    Retaining wall around 15's basket - Boy scouts
    Stairs for 15 to bridge - Boy scouts

We have been talking about adopting holes - this is something we should really get started on at our Dec 19th meeting

I would like to host an event where we play and pick up all the trash on the course - get rid of the garbage bags and big cans that are on 3, 4, and 18

I would like some suggestions- i am thinking putting small buckets/pails - that could hold a grocery size bag, making for easy trash removal at every tee-sign
    it would be the responsibility of the hole sponsor to clean up, but really any golfer could pull the bag and replace it whenever they play.

I don't think its a good idea to get rid of the big trash cans. I think we should keep them and also put up smaller buckets like you suggested. I say this because I can't tell you how many pizza boxes I have found and carried to a bin. One of those and the smaller bucket is already full.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Thread Information