Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacing broken practice basket

Hybrid View

Default Replacing broken practice basket

Posting regarding the attempted stolen basket got me thinking. We, as a club, need to replace the broken basket in the practice area at cv. It would be great to do this before the cv open. It's the first thing people see when they arrive and it looks rather ghetto the way it is. At the minimum we should get rid of it completely. I imagine there will be some media coverage at our A tier event and we should look like we take care of our courses. What are others peeps thoughts on this??
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

I agree with Billy on this! I would like to see a new basket instead of it being pulled.

Banned Users

It really only needs a new pole. The basket itself is straight. Supposedly Dave has the top half which I believe is also in good shape.
    I do agree it looks pretty ghetto, but hey it fits in with the surrounding area. You know they have Snack and "Crack" (I mean Pack) right down the street. And what about the Ghetto Apartments at the Top of Michael Edward dr. where the store is? I can joke about this stuff since I live on the nice end of that street!
    I'm just messing with you, it needs to be replaced! With an A-tier in the forecast it's only fitting that everything be in tip top shape, including the ramps to the bridges, the bent basket on number 10, fix 18, fix the practice basket. A lot of work needs to be done in the next few weeks.

I agree that it needs to be replaced. How much does a pole section like that run for? In regards to the bent basket on number ten, is there some way we can switch that basket for the lower practice basket that is still in good condition for the tournament? Half the work is already done since the mowing crew already ripped out/dismantled number ten's basket.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

it's sucks we have to fight the parks dept and also the grounds crew at CV! It will be taken care of by the time of the tourny! I HOPE!!

What about the missing tee signs? Are they going to be replaced any time soon?
    Eric Gallusser

Banned Users

I know this goes back to the ongoing controversy, but just do it! If you sit and wait on the parks dept. your going to be waiting a while. Just go up there and fix the stuff! The tournament is in 4 weeks, not 4 years.

10 can be bent back a little more. Really the main things are burying the concrete on 18 and replacing the pole on the practice basket. Tee signs would be nice but we can make temporary ones if needed.
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Here's something that could be done as a club to protect the baskets from further mowing mishaps. It will also protect against erosion around the baskets where everyone walks. Either use some big ass rocks like in the picture or logs from felled trees.

http://blueribbonpines.net/wp-conten...2008/08/45.jpg
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

2 baskets have been ordered for CV.

Thread Information