Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moved board over to Vbulletin

Hybrid View

Administrator

Default Moved board over to Vbulletin

Hey,

Some how I deleted the other post while I was doing some editing but basically I've moved the forums to Vbulletin.

If you run into any problems email me at xcf202@gmail.com and I'll fix it if your log in is not working after changing your password email me I can set your password for you! Please give me your honest feedback on the board and what you would like to see.

The major thing that will come out of this is the ability for the club officers to update the front page with news.

- Nick Murphy

Is there something we can do about all the spammers. We need a little tighter security.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Default Board Layout

Is there a different layout other than the black and blue? This one is a little difficult to see new posts because it is hard to see the little word new under the file.

Is there a way to insert imgs, change text, insert websites or other editing things we could do with the last website? This website seems more limited than the last one we had.
    Jason Van Over

VB is MUCH more powerful than phpBB. What you saw with the old board was a result of YEARS of experimenting. I would suggest making suggestions to Nick of what you would like to see on the new board and my guess is...it will happen. This is a great place to do it too. If you send him private messages people may keep asking him the same questions. If enough people don't like the board I'm sure we could always go backwards too.
    Last edited by jeremy; 08-07-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by J_VanOver View Post
    Is there a different layout other than the black and blue? This one is a little difficult to see new posts because it is hard to see the little word new under the file.

Is there a way to insert imgs, change text, insert websites or other editing things we could do with the last website? This website seems more limited than the last one we had.
    As Jeremy said I'm more then willing to do whatever. The images and links are there but your not able to post images in the quick reply. If you go to the advance reply you'll see above what your typing all kinds of options.

About the layout I am working on it I dislike the blue and black as well its just something I throw on the site real quick to give it its own look. Trust me when I get finished with setting everything it will BLOW the phpBB board away.

UPDATE ON THIS POST

Changed the look of the forums! Check out the cool new logo LOL!
    Last edited by nick murphy; 08-07-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Buffalo Chip

I have a visual impairment and this is way easier for me then the blue was. Just my two cents worth otherwise yes VB is by far superior to phpBB

This is a lot better, I like it so far.
    Daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

Administrator

Fixed the similes! Working on the avatars now!

Some minor observations and suggestions:

There’s not a tool bar for “Bold”, “Underline”, etc. That would be neat to have.
    Is the extra CAPTHCA code when we post necessary? Seems like overkill. I’ve never been on another site that required that.
    I like the new logo at the top but the black is a bit boring. Any chance of sticking some pics in there or something?
    On the index forum red baskets represent NO new post while black represents new posts. In each forum a red envelop represents NEW post and black is nothing new. So can we swap the baskets to be black if there’s nothing new?

You’re doing a GREAT job Nick! Thanx for all the hard work.

Administrator

I thought I fixed the captcha problem! I'll get on that now. Yeah there's no problem with swapping the baskets. I'm thinking about changing the envelopes to something else, I'm not really sure what though. Discs? Who knows.

Are you talking about when you make a post there no Bold and Underline? If so look in the left hand side below the font style it should be there cause I'm looking at it now might be a setting I missed.

Is there any way you can send me some pics where I can put them in the header or if anyone else wants to go a head.

There's a lot still in store for the site. I hope everyone is liking it and if your not please let me know and what I can do to make it better. I want everyone to voice there opinion on what I'm doing. Please also tell me what you'll like to see added to the site. The more suggestions I get the easier it will be for me to come up with ideas even if its a simple thing to make the site better.

Here what I'm thinking so far.

New course area.
    A list with local stores & online stores that sell disc golf equipment.
    Photo Gallery (Needing pictures for this)
    Member List & Officers
    Easy access to the By Laws

- Nick Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    Some minor observations and suggestions:

There’s not a tool bar for “Bold”, “Underline”, etc. That would be neat to have.
    Is the extra CAPTHCA code when we post necessary? Seems like overkill. I’ve never been on another site that required that.
    I like the new logo at the top but the black is a bit boring. Any chance of sticking some pics in there or something?
    On the index forum red baskets represent NO new post while black represents new posts. In each forum a red envelop represents NEW post and black is nothing new. So can we swap the baskets to be black if there’s nothing new?

You’re doing a GREAT job Nick! Thanx for all the hard work.

Thread Information