Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iq park

Default iq park

just to let you know the course is back the way it was and it really sucks. i would like some input on the course from those of you that got to play it. just wondering if theres any interst in changing that course permenant. to me its way more challeing and fun. it has a great mixture of shots for everyone and with two tees on some holes people can play each other without giving strokes plus im tierd of watching people shank shots and still get twos iq is to old it needs a facelift bad. im going to have trouble playing there for a while ill be missing what could be. but this is just my opion so i want others thanks mick
    themick

Default Re: iq park

It's needed changing for the past 10 years, but the park dept has been the one to blame for that! For years they were going to put a parking lot in all the way up past 1 and the practice basket, but the budget is the slow up I guess for that not being done by now for the theater.

i'm all for the change i loved the new layout. plus you get 24 holes with multiple T's. i say change it and then have a throw back tourney each year with the old layout. just my two cents

Just a reminder, the course is not our property. It belongs to the Parks Dept. We have no authority to just go and change the course. You should also, in my opinion, consider the historical aspect of IQ. It was the 2nd course installed in the state I think and it was originally layed out by Ed Headrick. It still serves a purpose as a seed course to help get new players started. I'm all for new courses but let's not get the cart ahead of the horse.

I liked the fact that it had some tighter holes. That is one thing that the swamp really needs
    Eric Gallusser

You all should have "conveniently forgot to change it back." I loved the new course
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

I wish they could do something about the swampy part. One thing I didnt like about the new way was hole four, I saw two people lose discs in the pond.

it was not the second course in the state, it was not designed by steady ed pretty sure the city was sued by steady ed and then had to change baskets. besides the course has already been changed on more than one occasion since it was put in in 1981. we do not own the property that is why we got permission from the parks dep. and rented the course for the weekend. not much differnt than adding extra holes really, we left some holes the same. the parks deperatment dosent even want to talk about permenant change becuase some people from this club keep calling and starting stuff. i dont who all i was told was ldgc and i thought i am a member of this club and have been for a long time , so who dosent want it changed heres your chance speak up any legitamte argument will be thought about and considered but im serious i want change ,i will be calling every goverment offical i can. something needs to be done so i will take the lead i am tierd of seeing courses in surronding areas and nothing here no improvments no nothing.
    themick

Mick, I don't know anything about any calls. They haven't come from me. The only contacts I have had with the Parks dept is trying to get some new courses or arranging work days at CV. Also, Ed Headrick DID design the original IQ course. I was there, I played a couple of rounds with him when he was in town. There was an old course in Long Run Park with hanging chains inside hollowed out stumps. The agreement was that if the city bought and installed a course there would be no lawsuit. It was originally meant to go in George Rogers Clark Park, but with some complaints from people living around the park it was moved to IQ were The Louisville Frisbee disc Club installed it in April of '81.

Any time the average player can go to a course and shoot a 54 with one disc, that course is too easy, bottom line. It's almost a joke. I'm not saying it has to be as frustrating as CV, but it does need to change.

On a related note, Iroquois is not the most pleasant place to play in either. The mosquitoes get pretty ridiculous and fairways get swampy after it rains for an hour. Could all this energy be better placed by trying to get a third course built in Louisville? Cherokee park maybe? Businesses will sponsor holes which will help cut costs, and I know you guys would be pumped to design a new course, so I think it's just the parks department you have to deal with.
    -Jason

Let's go throw some plastic.

Thread Information