Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: iq park

Default Re: iq park

Right on Adam. I myself have gone back and forth on this issue.
    New courses is the better approach. We could have a course at E.P.
    Tom Sawyer if we raise $10,000 or so for the cost.

I will pledge $100 myself if we get the go ahead.
    Fundraiser leagues and tournaments would be a great
    way to raise the money over the course of 12-18 months.

I am just glad they removed the limbs from hole 17 tee pad and cut the grass.

I wouldn't mind helping out with getting a course at Tom Sawyer. Hopefully, we could get some key sponsors to help out with installing a course.

There will not be a course at Tom Sawyer! We have tried and tried over 10 years and they will never approve it!

Not too "butt" in here but what if the 11th year is the charm.... saying something will NOT happen is kind of selling yourself short. I realize the state of the economy but I'd sure like too see more courses in the Ville.

I now it comes down to funding (at least that's what they say), but putting in a course is one of the least expensive things to do.

It's odd to me to see a city that has 1 million people and a bunch of parks not have more than 2 disc golf courses. I moved from a city that had 80,000 people and have one and a half courses there (one 18, one 9), and we have less land to work with.

How bout this for an idea...the course use to be at the top of the park how about a petition to get it back up there. there is a championship course up there waiting to be set. all the swampy factors would be gone. Probably will never happen thanx to our outstandingly crapy parks dept.

I like that idea Brandon. I have always heard the course on the top
    was awesome.
    What about just adding another nine holes and add the holes
    Roady came up with to the original courese?

They just pulled Otter Creek Park because they said they cannot afford to keep it running and I don't think that a new course is on there mind. I'm never negative but I do know our parks dept because I have dealt with them for years and they are not disc golf friendly. They told us they don't even want us to place portable baskets out at Tom Sawyer Park. The problem isn't the LDGC, it's the parks dept! A lot of the newer disc golfers don't understand because they don't know what goes on and how difficult it is to work with the parks dept. I could think of a ton of places to put a course or courses but the as of right now it's not on the agenda of the parks dept. On top of Iroquois is a protected wet land for birds and wildlife so there goes that. Hopefully with Jerry A leaving it will open up a spot for a mayor that likes disc golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat
    They just pulled Otter Creek Park because they said they cannot afford to keep it running and I don't think that a new course is on there mind.
    They closed the entire park.
    It was not just the disc golf course. It should not add that much cost to place those baskets in a park that is open. I could see the design and installation adding cost, but there are people here in this group that could do the design work and volunteer the labor for the installation. The only cost the city would absorb would be maintenance associated with the land. That maintenance is already in place now.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Thread Information