Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Trace Open

Default Re: Buffalo Trace Open

Updated Sponsors!

Hopefully we can get the t-pads in before the tourney.We did get a good jump on 9 of the holes Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcc
    Hopefully we can get the t-pads in before the tourney.We did get a good jump on 9 of the holes Sunday
    I hope we can too! All I have to say its going to be sweet with these new tee pads!

I've never played in a tournament before or been a pdga member, I want to play tomorrow with a friend in a similar situation as mine. Just wondering if that puts me in the Men's Rec division and if so are there any prizes or discs you get for winning that division. Also what is a Rec player likely to shoot at Buffalo Trace. On a good day playing, playing all par 3's, we usually shoot anywhere from 2-under to 5-over at Buffalo. Just curious because we would both like to get a feel for what tournament frolf is all about. And do we need to register online or can we sign up tomorrow morning when we get there? thanks

Two down from the long pads is darn good. I don't think Buffalo Trace is the kind of course a Rec player will shoot under par at because the birdies can be really tough to come by. But there's nothing wrong with playing Rec your first tournament. If you play well and blow away the field, then you'll know to move up to Intermediate for your next tournament. Discs are awarded to those that finish in roughly the top half of their division.

I believe we're having another work day next Sunday the 28th at Buffalo Trace. We'll be pouring the concrete on 9 pads using the mixer hitched to the back of a tractor so the amount of physical labor will be pretty low. I'm sure we'll play a round of doubles out there like we did last time. You should come out and join us; we had a great time at our last work day. I know that sounds like a contradiction using "work day" and "great time" together, but two tractors did all the work for us.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by NPope0002
    I've never played in a tournament before or been a pdga member, I want to play tomorrow with a friend in a similar situation as mine. Just wondering if that puts me in the Men's Rec division and if so are there any prizes or discs you get for winning that division. Also what is a Rec player likely to shoot at Buffalo Trace. On a good day playing, playing all par 3's, we usually shoot anywhere from 2-under to 5-over at Buffalo. Just curious because we would both like to get a feel for what tournament frolf is all about. And do we need to register online or can we sign up tomorrow morning when we get there? thanks
    If I'm reading this correct are you thinking the tournament is tomorrow? If so it isn't until July 18th. There is a tournament tomorrow though at Meade/Olin Park in Brandenburg.

yeah i definetely misread the dates for the tournament. I'm glad it isn't until July though because I have about 6 other guys I play with that want to come out and play in their first tournament at Buffalo. Hopefully we'll be able to get some practice in out there and make a decent showing on the 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by NPope0002
    yeah i definetely misread the dates for the tournament. I'm glad it isn't until July though because I have about 6 other guys I play with that want to come out and play in their first tournament at Buffalo. Hopefully we'll be able to get some practice in out there and make a decent showing on the 18th.
    I hope to see ya out there! I hope you didn't make a trip out and we wasn't there.

Hey everyone. I am also a beginner, but would like to be in the tourney just for experience. Will all of the holes be regarded as par 3s, regardless of size?

Quote Originally Posted by benbobbins
    Hey everyone. I am also a beginner, but would like to be in the tourney just for experience. Will all of the holes be regarded as par 3s, regardless of size?
    Basically you want to finish with the fewest throws so yeah everything will be regarded as par 3 it makes it easier to add up everything too.

Thread Information