Thread: Jenny Wiley Disc Golf Course

Default Jenny Wiley Disc Golf Course

My name is Wes Horn and I have been playing disc golf since last August in Eastern Kentucky at Jenny Wiley Disc Golf Course. Im sure some of you guys have played there before and it is a very nice place to play. I learned today that there are plans to take out the course and put in a golf course. This is very upsetting to me because the next closest course is an extra hour away from where I live. If you guys have any suggestions on how to keep the course or even on how to make a new one it would be greatly appreciated. Im new to the sport and all of this is extremely foreign to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Jenny Wiley Disc Golf Course

You might see if they would be willing to let the DG course stay where it is and put the ball golf course in and let them co-exist. Use Old English Course in English In as an example. If need be, the basket locations could be moved to aid in the installation. Just a suggestion. The operator of the above course would probably write you a letter of recomendation if asked. He charges $20 per person for a round w/cart. With disc sales it can pay for itself.

That would be TOUGH at Jenny Wiley due to the fact that the baskets are in the middle of the fairways. You could ask about moving the baskets OFF the fairways and allowing both sports to coexist though. Once you mention moving the baskets off the fairways you could then refer to Steve's suggestion of referencing Old English. Both sports CAN coexist on one plot of land.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Quote Originally Posted by Aceputt
    need be, the basket locations could be moved to aid in the installation. Just a suggestion. .
    I think I said that already. LOL

My bad Steve! Good call.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Guys, I really appreciate the input. I have never seen a course that coexists like you guys stated. I will try and talk to park management about it but like someone else stated, the baskets are kind of right in the middle of the fairway. I hope we can work something out. Thanks guys!

Thread Information