Thread: DG Road Trips

Default DG Road Trips

So far I have played CV, IQ, Meade/Olin, and OC and I want to branch out. I am interested in hearing about different road trips that everyone has taken. Using the PDGA site along with Disc Golf Course Review I have gathered a pretty good wish list of courses that I want to play. I plan on staying in Ky at this point but that all depends on which way I decide to go. What I would like to know is what courses were played, est amout of time it took to finish, how many days did it take, and looking back would you change anything? Please share your ventures even if it includes multiple states.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Default Re: DG Road Trips

If you haven't been down to Bowling Green then that's where you want to go! They have around 10 courses and most of them are only around 10 mins or so apart. I just got back from there a few mins ago! Look up the courses.

Up North near Cinci is some great playing too. Idlewild/Banklick could take a whole day.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

anyone know when banklick's name officially changes to lincoln whatever it is they're going to call it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton
    anyone know when banklick's name officially changes to lincoln whatever it is they're going to call it?

Looks like today according to this http://http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SYL..._ridge.jpg.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

I went to Japan to play for vacation in 2008. I was gone for 8 days and it took 21 hours to get there once I left Michigan. I would recommend the trip in 2010 to anyone that could afford it and it was reasonably priced for everything that you get while you are there. I think I spent around $2200 for everything and that included flight, hotel, meals, stuff that I bought (discs, pins, magnets, chop sticks, shirts, gifts for family and friends, etc.), 6 rounds of golf on the most beautiful disc golf course (and probably one of most beautiful ball golf course) that exists in the world. You look off in the distance to see snow tipped mountains, rice paddies, lakes, waterfalls and every other scenic wonder you could imagine in the mountains. Transportation was provided to and from the airport and to and from the golf course. I can't think of any disc golf trip that will ever compare to it. If anyone is interested I can email you pictures and videos from the trip. Oh and I almost forgot the players pack. Everyone got a rolling disc golf bag that also has backpack straps that hasn't been released yet, a camptime stool that has a special red top with the Japan Open 2008 printing, an ultimate disc, a Hero 235 disc which is the mold the Sonic is made from but 150g, a dodgebee disc, 3 small minis that you snap to throw, t-shirt, metal mini and special buttons with our name and country on it to wear to the festivities to get more free stuff.

It was a trip of a lifetime for sure.
    Jason Van Over

Thread Information