Thread: Pro's Playing Amateur Divisions

Default Pro's Playing Amateur Divisions

This question was asked to me a while ago by Martin and I kept forgetting to post yet. Looking at the pre-reg for the Bowling Green AMís reminded me of it. Pro/Open players CAN play as an Advanced Amateur per the PDGA standards. Thereís at least one player doing that in this year BG AMís (and yes heís excepted cash). If your rating is BELOW 970 and youíve cashed as a Pro you can still play Advanced. See this link, Table Three, bottom right under Additional Information:

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/09T ... dsV1-2.pdf

So if your rating is UNDER 970, and you've cashed as a Pro, you can still play the World's or the BG AM's as a Advanced player.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Default Re: Pro's Playing Amateur Divisions

You can't play in an NT as an am if you've accepted cash though, right?
    Curious also. It's a nice loophole to entice players to play up and maybe win some dinero
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Yes, pros can play in BG, and we hope alot of the LDGC "older" guys with ratings that allow that to come down for the fun. 935 or less rated pros can play Advanced Masters, and 900 or less rated pros can play Grand Masters. So come on down Steve Simpson: a chance to play in a large GM pool!!!!

Also, Pros can not play in Worlds or am Majors as an advanced player, and NT isa pro only tour (the Advanced at the NT wekends are A-teir).

Quote Originally Posted by HB553
    Yes, pros can play in BG, and we hope alot of the LDGC "older" guys with ratings that allow that to come down for the fun. 935 or less rated pros can play Advanced Masters, and 900 or less rated pros can play Grand Masters. So come on down Steve Simpson: a chance to play in a large GM pool!!!!

Also, Pros can not play in Worlds or am Majors as an advanced player, and NT isa pro only tour (the Advanced at the NT wekends are A-teir).

ah, thanks for clearing that up for me. So, if I was to accept cash before an AM WORLDS and am rated less than 970, I wouldn't be eligible to play worlds?
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

I was told that if you accepted cash, you couldn't play in the AM Worlds for 3 years.
    Eric Gallusser

Quote Originally Posted by eric_g
    I was told that if you accepted cash, you couldn't play in the AM Worlds for 3 years.
    I'm not sure. I haven't seen that any where.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

i think if you have cashed but rating is under 970 you can play in all adv events other than majors being worlds and us amauter,s.
    themick

Thread Information