Thread: Course Changes and updates

Default Course Changes and updates

I wanted to let everyone know that Brent Harrison (New Albany Park Dept.), Adam Higdon, and myself all met out at the course yesterday for a workday. The end-result of our work was a significant change to hole #8. The long tee pad and basket placement both have changed.

When finishing up hole seven proceed directly out the side of the woods and you will find the long tee pad. (Do not turn around and walk back out the same way you entered the woods) The short pad placement did not change.

The basket placement has moved about 30-50 feet from its original location and is on the same tree line as before, but a little further back towards the trees. You may want to take a look at where the basket is before attempting your shot.

There are several more changes to come. We are going to plan a larger workday on the weekend to reconstruct hole #10. We have a design in mind, but it will take a lot of clearing to make this happen. We will keep everyone posted and if anyone wants to join us for the work, we would appreciate the help! This course is becoming a really nice course, and once we get some additional changes implemented (and if we can get the six additional holes approved and put in), it will only become better.

-Jeff

Default Re: Course Changes and updates

Jeff, I gotta say I was very impressed and pleasantly surprised with the course when I played it a few weeks ago. Nice layout. With the tweaking that's being done I think it's gonna be a good one. Thanks dude and keep up the good work!

Bub Hill (#13514)

Yeah, Jeff has been instrumental in establishing a relationship with the parks department and getting these changes made. And none of this would be possible without Brent at the park department and his dedication to making this course a great one.

There are lots of great things in the works at Georgetown: changes to the current holes, 6 new holes will be added (for a total of 24) and it sounds likely that concrete pads will be coming after all other changes are made.

Please come support the growth of our sport at the work day. Details are in the thread below:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2661
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

Thanks to you both--Bub and Adam! This truly is the result of good team work and a willing Parks Department. It has been my pleasure working with both you (Adam) and Brent Harrison on this project.

-Jeff

Hey everyone, there is a completely new hole #10 at Gary Cavan Park. The old hole is no longer used at all. The basket and tee pads have all been moved. After finishing hole #9, follow the same path as before and you will see the new hole #10 on the left-hand side of the path. It is hard to miss because the tee pad is only about 45 feet from hole #9's basket.

LOVE THE CHANGES AWESOME!! MUCH BETTER!
    NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH
    Bryan Sparrow #38827

The course is REALLY shaping up. There are still a few holes to add and some baskets to move. I played a round today after work and had a decent round. 2 over and they both came from 17. I would like to say that hole 7 still needs a bit more tweaking. There a re some small trees on the right-hand bend of the fairway I would like to see gone. If we are ever going to park that hole I believe this should happen. That ani shot is a fairly long and slow turnover and we need a FAIR WAY to get in there.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

i had a great time today there, love the layout...keep up the great work!

Thread Information