Thread: Update

Default Update

FYI.. I wanted to let you all know that it looks as if we have passed the hurdle of the State in regards to the Possum Ridge Disc Golf Course. We had a meet with the Corps of Engineers a week ago and discussed the guidelines for laying out the course. We are now waiting to hear from the Corps if there are any historical areas that need to be avoided or any ecological issues that need to be addressed. Once that is done, the actual design and planning can begin. That will take some time, a quality course always does. As soon as anything new comes up, I will pass it along to you. Also, I got a call from the Parks Dept. they are going to go ahead with some training for 3 to 4 of our people to allow us to use chain saws in the parks. When that is done, we can clear any damages on our own. The Parks people will still handle the large stuff, but we can clear out the simple stuff. We will also be moving along with the Kiosk and benches. I think we will see more improvement in the near future, at least I hope so. I also sent a letter of support to the "Gov" in Frankfort concerning the course under consideration in Oldham Co. Keep your fingers crossed on that one too. Remember the meeting on the 28th of March!! We have a lot to planning to do in order to make the CVO a HUGE success, we need everybodys support. Evening leagues will be starting up soon, and we could use some help in running them. Go on line and get TD qualified. We can get a clinic for TDs together in no time. We are at a turning point in the history of the LDGC, let's make it a Bat Turn! See you at the NABC.

Default Re: Update

Spring will be here before you know it.

Hey Steve, Since Josh Cummings and I already have tree service and lawn care business's we would be good applicants for the chain saw training. We could take care of IQ. Scott R and Billy S have landscaping business's so they might be interested as well. They can take care of CV. Let me know.
    USE LIFE TO PROVIDE SOMETHING THAT OUTLASTS IT!!!!

Thanks for all your hard work and letting us know about everything going on Steve. I'm looking forward to the meeting.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

Steve, after cleaning up a ton of downed trees these past few weeks, I am ready and willing to get certified to do chainsaw work at cv. Just got a new saw recently too. Tell me what I need to do. I'm guessing sign a waiver or something?
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Thanks guys for stepping up and taking on this responsibility because I know you all have families and work to deal with.

I know the Fun Farm is privately owned, but I am going to talk to the owner about debris clean-up. I too have mad skills when it comes to downed tree removal. There is no reason why the Louisville players should have to drive way out to the Fun Farm when there are plenty of local Indiana players who are willing to step up.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

Two guys were cutting and burning some stuff back in the woods at the Fun Farm today. It's shaping up.

Thread Information