Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexington Open XI - April 18-19

Default Re: Lexington Open XI - April 18-19

Quote Originally Posted by LyleMcCoon
    In addition to the minimum of $2,000 being added to the Men's Pro Open division, this year we are also guaranteeing a minimum of $1,000 cash added to the Women's Pro Open division.

Ladies, that is a lot of money up for grabs, especially considering that last year we had only 3 pro women in the field. In fact, as of right now, Nicole Frazer, the only pro woman signed up so far, stands to make over a $1,000 at this tournament.

So get those registrations in! Don't let Nicole take all the money.

Lyle
    I'm getting Julie a PDGA number and buying a wig today!
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I hear ya I already got my wig for it and a # to boot. :P

At many tournaments, sanctioned or unsanctioned, if you happen to finish in the middle of the pack in your division, you're not quite sure if you wil cash or not. While the PDGA requires that a minimum of 40% of each division "cash," I have heard of some tournaments that have paid even less, some paying closer to 30%.

At the Lexington Open, however, we have a decade long tradition of generous payouts. This year, just like last year, we will pay out 50% of each field (plus ties for last cash). That means, for example, that if you finish at least tied for 20th out of 40 in your division, you will still win something. And considering our generous added cash and merchandise, it will probably be more than you think.

Lyle
    Lyle McCoon, Jr.
    PDGA #30215
    Athletics Director
    Parks & Recreation
    Nicholasville/Jessamine County (KY)

lyle just want to make sure that you got my payment for the tourn.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcc
    lyle just want to make sure that you got my payment for the tourn.
    James,

Yes, I received your payment. I have not received anything for your son, however. Will he be playing too?

Lyle
    Lyle McCoon, Jr.
    PDGA #30215
    Athletics Director
    Parks & Recreation

In addition to the minimum $2,000 added cash for the Men's Pro Open field and the minimum $1,000 added cash for the Women's Pro Open field, we will not be neglecting our other pros at the Lexington Open.

We are guaranteeing a minimum of $1,000 added cash for the other pro divisions combined. So if you play Pro Master, Grandmaster, Senior Grandmaster, or Legends, those divisions will share $1,000 over and above their entry fees, in addition to having the most fun of any fields at the tournament.

Last year's Pro Grandmaster field was awesome and featured some great competition between a bunch of world champions and other great golfers including Dr. Rick Voakes, Peter Shive, Jim Ashton, Chuck Kennedy, Darell Motley, and Randall Roseman. That kind of field deserves all the added cash we can get them.

Get your registration in and be part of this year's exciting field.

Lyle
    Lyle McCoon, Jr.
    PDGA #30215
    Athletics Director
    Parks & Recreation

I don't think so wish he would though.

In addition to the minimum of $4,000 cash we are adding to the pro fields, the Lexington Open will again this year take good care of the amateurs as well.

While obviously you can't add "cash" to amateur divisions who can't win cash, we can add merchandise such as discs, baskets, bags, shirts, hats, and all kinds of other disc golf goodies. Since we can add merchandise to the am pot, we are.

This year, we are guaranteeing a minimum of $4,000 added merchandise to the amateur field. This means that every division, even down to Novice and Juniors will have merchandise added to their payouts over and above their entry fees.

Oh yeah, and this is ON TOP OF the incredible $80 Player's Packs that all amateurs will get for pre-registering.

What all of that means is that the Lexington Open is one of the most generous tournaments you will ever play in. In fact, while the PDGA's minimum payout for ams for a SuperTour event is 110+%, last year the Lexington Open gave the ams a 362% return on their entry fees. And this year should be even better.

So get signed up today. You don't want to miss this event.

Lyle
    Lyle McCoon, Jr.
    PDGA #30215
    Athletics Director
    Parks & Recreation

All PDGA dividions will be offered at the Lexington Open. With a few exceptions, we are requiring there to be at least 4 competitors in a division to have it. And since this is a B Tier event for Intermediate, Recreational, and Novice divisions, even non-PDGA members can sign up for this awesome event.

And by way of reminder, we are giving away a free DISCatcher Traveler basket to one of the first 100 people pre-registered. There are currently only about a dozen spots left for this drawing, so get your registration in ASAP.

Lyle
    Lyle McCoon, Jr.
    PDGA #30215
    Athletics Director
    Parks & Recreation

will there be a solar powered pocket calculator awarded for last place and overall highest score? like the ice bowl? if so, can it be a color other than blue? I already have a blue one.
    see you on the 18th!

Thread Information