Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fundraiser Skins Tournament at IQ

Default Re: Fundraiser Skins Tournament at IQ

Sorry I had to skip out. I'm sick as a dog. I actual got ready, went to my truck, went back inside and checked the radar, went back out to my truck, and decided to stay home. I'm WAY to sick to play in the rain. Sorry! Hope everything goes great!
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I should have stayed in bed
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Fun stuff. Definitely need to do another. Great job Jason.
    USE LIFE TO PROVIDE SOMETHING THAT OUTLASTS IT!!!!

yeah i had a lot of fun...thanks again Jason! and tell your buddies mike, jon and rich sorry for beating up on them with my best IQ round ever!

Yeah when is the next skins tourney. can't wait. Thanks Jason.

I just wanted to thank everyone that came out and braved the weather for the fundraiser skins tournament. We had 13 Ams play for a total of 58 discs. We had 6 Pros show up including Ben Verkamp from Evansville. That was a great surprise and it was really good to meet him. Unfortunately he walked away empty handed as Mick got 11 skins and Scott took the other 7 in that group of 3. In the other pro group Eric and Martin were pretty close with Billy taking only 1 skin. The Ams were too hard to remember and since it was raining I didn't write anything down. Don Lomax was the big winner though with 16 skins in his 5some. You should have seen his stack of discs.

Overall $420 was collected from the tournament. $290 going back into the club to cover the discs and $130 going to the NACVO. (Of course the club officers can change where the money goes. That was just my thoughts. )

We also have a new LDGC member - Hamilton Pullen joined Saturday.

And I also sold a club disc for $5 because I was feeling generous while the club discs were under my control. Nate is a much tougher salesman so don't expect that type of deal again since he has the discs back.

Thanks again and lets try to have another in early June at Charlie Vettiner. We have some disc left and I'm sure we will have more by then too. I will be posting a lessons learned in the next couple of days too in case someone else would like to run a skins tournament or run the one I suggested for June.
    Jason Van Over

Great job Jason.
    Thank you for helping disc golf in the Louisville area.

I wanted to join in the congrats for those who braved the weather and to Jason for stepping up and helping to move the LDGC forward. I and all those who hold office in the club really appreciate those members who go a little beyond to donate their time and effort to enhance our sport and our club. Remember the meeting on the 28th at the NABC. It should be a good time and an active meeting. Hope to see you there.

Thread Information