Thread: MINUTES FROM 1/31/09 MEETING

Default MINUTES FROM 1/31/09 MEETING

Sorry it took me so long to post the minutes from the meeting, but Tim "The Fireman" Foley and myself were busy playing 11 rounds in 4 days in the arctic tundra of Central Florida.

Here are the minutes as I saw them:

Officers present: Steve Simpson, President; Tim "Sweat" Pennington, Vice President; Nate Hartlage, Treasurer; Jeremy Watts, Event Coordinator; Martin Young, Public Relations; Bub Hill, Secretary.

Members present: Adam Higdon, Terry Glass, Ed Murphy, Nick Murphy, Ross Heichelbech, Steve Jones, Mike Schepers, Josh Cummings, Julie Watts, Jason Vanover, Ross

OLD BUSINESS:
    - We need to get a good, updated e-mail and phone list of the members.
    - Should we have regular meetings or call them on occasion or as-needed? We decided to to hold meetings every other month, the date to be determined by Steve according to tournament schedules, etc.
    - By-Laws: There is a link on the website. If anyone has any changes, bring them up at the next meeting.

NEW BUSINESS:
    - Nate Hartlage will take over the Treasurer's job from Sam Shaheen.
    - Questions about Charlie Vettiner: We need to power seed some fairways; Add tee signs and replace damaged practice basket; What is the status of the Eagle Scout project? Should there be multiple pin placements on more holes?
    - How many non-playing volunteers will we need for the tournament? We agreed 6 to 8 at each site.
    - We talked about the problems at The Red Hawk in Crystal River, Florida that led to the course being pulled and The Players Cup cancelled indefinitely.
    - Insurance: Are we up to date?
    - For anyone interested in running a tournament, there are links on the PDGA website on how to plan & run a tournament.
    - Who wants to run summer leagues this year? Also, bag tag leagues.
    - How can we get more people from Iroquois involved in the club?
    - We need to try and get more sponsors, big or small, for the Vettiner tournament. We need to approach Holiday Inn New Albany & the Waffle House about discounts for the tournament.
    - Jason Vanover had some interesting ideas about raising money: 1. CTP's for $5 or $10 at tournaments; 2. Better job selling fund raiser discs. Better communication is needed here; 3. Autographed discs for fundraisers; 4. A DVD for sale of the Vettiner tournament; 5. Raffle a round with a pro; 6. Putting competition (such is held at the worlds) at CVO; 7. Multiple-sponsorships; 8. Skins tournament; 9. Breakfast at restaurants. See Jason for more in-depth info about these.
    - We will have a drawing for a free PDGA membership @ a future date to be announced. Only for members who are present and have paid LDGC dues. Members that are already up-to-date will be reimbursed for their PDGA membership.

- Next meeting will be at The New Albanian, date to be determined.

Default Re: MINUTES FROM 1/31/09 MEETING

We had a good turnout even though a lot of people still were without electricity. Hope to have more at the next meeting! Good job Bub, and I hope u and Tim had a great time.

Great job guys. I just want to post here to show my support. I
    can't make many club events but I am 100% behind the
    clubs endeavors. The LDGC has made disc golf stronger in Kentuckiana.

The NABC sponsor is unbelievable. You could not ask for a better business
    to be involved in disc golf.

I raise my glass to the club, it's members and our wonderful city.
    CHEERS!!!

All, I have a printed copy of Member names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail that I will bring to the next meeting. I will be keeping it on my computer at work, so It'll be easy to make corrections, additions or subtractions in the future.

Fairways & Greens,
    BUB

I just want to thank LDGC and some key members like Jeremy ,Nate,and Martin. Because of thier patience and time I have become active in the disc golf community again. Keep up the good work gentlemen.

Thanx James! It's good to have you in our community.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Thread Information