Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ohio Valley Disc Golf Challenge

Default Re: Ohio Valley Disc Golf Challenge

I was just asking. No big deal.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

well the real problem is the lack of pros in the lexington area.. but i do have an answer to that but i'll keep that under my hat.. when is this tourney gonna happen?

The Birth of an Idea
    By Ben Verkamp

Once upon a time southern Indiana there was a kid named...well... Ben Verkamp.
    This kid loved life to the fullest. He was a very blessed kid with many ideas. One time Ben played a sport called disc golf, but he played with a frisbee!!! that is until a man named Dave Greenwell showed up. Dave is a man of great knowledge and he has a knack for helping and teaching to those who listened. Fast forward 13 yrs. Ben found himself living in a town without a disc golf club___Evansville. Then came the first born AceEagle Disc Golf Club. Named after the golf terms..Ace/Eagle and the local schools...University of Evansville Aces...and University of Southern Indiana Screamin' Eagles...a double entundrem...Neat Huh! after the birth of that club, Ben found himself relying on other clubs for membership, support and advice. Then came another Idea. Ben thought "How can we(the disc golf community) make it easy for fledgling disc golf clubs to grow? hmmmm, How about the Ohio River Disc Golf Association! where clubs could stand hand in hand as a group. They could support each other, they could have a points series, the could help each other prosper, they can pass on advice to each other....WOW what an Idea! Fast Forward 3 yrs....Today I am sitting at home because it is slick as snot outside....I read this post....I am greatful for this Idea. Steve has mentioned this to me several months ago.
    It will happen.

Ohio River Valley DGA members:

Ace Eagle DGC
    Daviess County DGC

some more possibles:

LDGC
    GCFDA
    Paducah
    and more.

I also think the HomeBase for the Ohio River Valley DGA should be at Old English.
    Also the domain OhioRiverValleyDGA.com has been bought, but not built.

Questions, Comments, Additions?

Love to hear them!

BV

Patience is a virtue

Mildred Verkamp

a slogan I have thought about for years...let me know what you think....

From Pittsburgh to Paducah,
    The Ohio River Valley Disc Golf Association!

If we can form this right, we WILL have an unbelievable series of events.

The Watts Family Disc Golf Club is in.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Quote Originally Posted by OneTime
    The Birth of an Idea
    By Ben Verkamp

Once upon a time southern Indiana there was a kid named...well... Ben Verkamp.
    This kid loved life to the fullest. He was a very blessed kid with many ideas. One time Ben played a sport called disc golf, but he played with a frisbee!!! that is until a man named Dave Greenwell showed up. Dave is a man of great knowledge and he has a knack for helping and teaching to those who listened. Fast forward 13 yrs. Ben found himself living in a town without a disc golf club___Evansville. Then came the first born AceEagle Disc Golf Club. Named after the golf terms..Ace/Eagle and the local schools...University of Evansville Aces...and University of Southern Indiana Screamin' Eagles...a double entundrem...Neat Huh! after the birth of that club, Ben found himself relying on other clubs for membership, support and advice. Then came another Idea. Ben thought "How can we(the disc golf community) make it easy for fledgling disc golf clubs to grow? hmmmm, How about the Ohio River Disc Golf Association! where clubs could stand hand in hand as a group. They could support each other, they could have a points series, the could help each other prosper, they can pass on advice to each other....WOW what an Idea! Fast Forward 3 yrs....Today I am sitting at home because it is slick as snot outside....I read this post....I am greatful for this Idea. Steve has mentioned this to me several months ago.
    It will happen.

Ohio River Valley DGA members:

Ace Eagle DGC
    Daviess County DGC

some more possibles:

LDGC
    GCFDA
    Paducah
    and more.

I also think the HomeBase for the Ohio River Valley DGA should be at Old English.
    Also the domain OhioRiverValleyDGA.com has been bought, but not built.

Questions, Comments, Additions?

Love to hear them!

BV

Patience is a virtue

Mildred Verkamp

This would be interesting!
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

I've been reading about state team championships. I think there is something about texas on the pdga website right now. Sounds pretty similar. Fun.
    Jason Van Over

Thread Information