Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie Vettiner speed golf - for your health...

LDGC Public Relations

Default Re: Charlie Vettiner speed golf - for your health...

80 at Georgetown - 25 minutes + 55 shots

Played speed golf for 6 holes today before succumbing to extreme fatigue and luckily a phone call. Typical bogey golf in 9 minutes so I guess it doesn't matter what speed I play I will score the same on each hole.

I am terribly out of shape so I will be working on cardio instead of weight training at the gym for a while.

I did find out things that were helpful. Played with three discs, left discs laying when I knew I was coming back that way like on hole 3 to 4 and no matter what your next shot is don't pick up the disc that is on the ground to throw - make a shot with one in your hand. This would probably be better advice if I didn't bogey each hole huh?
    Jason Van Over

more CV speed round results...

Scott: another 91 (shot a 58 in 33 minutes)
    Billy: 92 (60 in 32 minutes)

Martin I know you can crush out times

The speed round was pretty fun! If I would have taken a couple extra seconds on putting I could have shot at least 4 strokes better. Was within 10 feet on 13 and 15. And got careless on 18 for a 6 . Could have shot a 56 with a lttle more of a breather for putting. Doing this is bad for your form though and the possiblity to bust your a$$ is very likely. I think I'll stick to mountain biking for the cardio and disc golf for the focus / form factor.
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

I can see how it could be seen as bad for your form or hazardous. But for me, I don't feel like its bad for my form. I feel like it makes me slow down on the shot and think MORE about form, because I know I'm tired and can't afford a bad shot.

I agree Scott, I feel like I focus more on form when I'm speed golfing also. I think about that and breathing.

I think putting when you're out of breath is the most difficult, but somehow my putting has been ok so far. Maybe that's because I focus more on form and breathing, and the putt takes care of itself. It's hard to describe, but does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

Thread Information