Thread: Great news

Default Great news

I met with the parks department today at Georgetown and found out some great news about this course.

There are lots more positive change on the way, and that's in addition to all the great changes that have already been made. A number of the holes are going to be changed to make them longer or more difficult, and they're planning on adding 6 more holes to make it a 24 hole course!

I walked the entire course and saw what's going to change and where new holes are going to be added. The additions and changes really take advantage of the elevation changes, which is one of the great strengths of this park. That will make for some more challenging holes and they're also adding a 450+ ft par 4 hole which is super sweet. This is really going to be a solid course when they're done with it.

And I nearly forgot, there's already talk of cementing the long pads. I'm sure that's a ways off because the changes need to be completed first, but it sounds like it's in the works.

The parks department lots has lots of great things going on in Georgetown will plenty more to come, so stay tuned!
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

Default Re: Great news

GOOD JOB THAT COURSE IS COMING ALONG NICE
    themick

We need more people like u Adam! Thank you for your time and effort

I appreciate it but you should really be thanking the New Albany Parks Department. They've put a lot to work in the course and I'm thrilled to see a parks department that has the drive to make their course the best it can be.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. – Carl Sagan

That is some seriously good news. We need to hook-up so you can show me the changes. Monday after 4:00 would work for me.
    “Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.”

Albert Einstein

Awesome news indeed! I can't wait to see the finished product.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

I would like to also say thanks to Brent Harrison from the New Albany Parks Department for making all of these changes possible. He has been very proactive and open-minded towards making this a great course. I have been in continuous contact with Brent and have met him at the park several times to discuss the course changes and to assist with the clearing of holes #11 & #12. There will be several more work days ahead of us, but hopefully we can get a lot of the changes implemented before the upcoming 2009 season.

Also, Disc Pilot, Inc. (www.discpilot.com) is hoping to throw the first sanctioned event at Gary E. Cavan Park in the near future. I approached Brent about this possibility immediately following the course opening last year, however; I mentioned to him that changes to the course would need to take place before a successful event could be held. At this time, nothing is set in stone and no time table has been established for a tournament at the park, but if the course continues to progress as it has lately, I do not see why an event could not be held there sometime in the near future.

Thread Information