Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jan. Meeting

LDGC Public Relations

Default Re: Jan. Meeting

would the club be interested in say - anyone who renews/joins the ldgc as of the meeting on the 31st - have there name drawn and the winner be given a paid year long membership to the pdga - this might be a stong incentive to get more new players to join the club

Sounds good to me!
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I also support that idea! Also, Sam, could you work up some deals on package memberships for those that might want to get a shirt or something like that as part of the membership fee? I also state that this will be one of the best years in the history of the LDGC no matter what some say. However it won't happen without YOU. We (your club officers) need your support to make this A Tier be a success. Without going into details that I can't discuss for now, it could be better than we thought at first. We will let you know as soon as we can if it works out like we hope it does. We need a strong showing at the meeting, and a show of support for our upcoming events. I think we are heading in the right direction, any decision I make is in an effort to keep it that way. The way I figure it, if I'm doing a bad job than vote me out of this position. If not then give me your backing and we will go far. That is your right as members of the LDGC, I'll leave it up to you.

I will get a package deal together before the meeting.

I will make it available at my stores or something. Maybe take orders
    at the meeting. I really want to be at the next meeting.
    Things are really busy right now. I love it this way but
    my disc golfing has been lacking.

I have told work that I will not be working Thursday - Sunday of the
    CV Open. So I will really be helping when it comes tournament time.

2009 will be our best year.

count me in for $10. See you on the 31st.
    -John Campbell

Hopefully the bag tags will be here in time for the meeting. I spoke with the printer today and he said that they would run them tomorrow or Wednesday and ship to make it in time. Will wait and see I guess.

Also for a fundraiser idea during the meeting and to have a little festivity too - Someone bring a mini basket and you get 5 throws for $5 to win something. You guys can work your magic and determine what that something is and how much the cost is. Maybe the PDGA membership, discs, shirts, etc. I have a wham-o plastic mini basket that can be used but someone in town has a metal mini basket I'm sure.

Maybe able to get some other people in the resturant to try throws to win some of the extra plastic we have that is not selling. Nate has a big tub of plastic. That would also raise awareness of Disc Golf in the community when they see us back there having fun and want to know what we are doing. Someone could draw up some signs and tell them what it is and what it's for.

If we are thinking big - someone bring a full size basket or portable full size in the resturant to really show people what it's all about. There is plenty of room in that back area to throw a 20ft putt without breaking anything. Talk about really showcasing disc golf. People seeing a full size basket for the first time and going "Wow - I've never heard of anything like that. I'll have to try it out." Then El-presidente can give them a 502 roc and say "here you go".

Again, give them a chance to putt to win something. The meetings aren't bad but it's just the normal people that are there. We need more people that are not reading this message board.
    Jason Van Over

Jeremy,
    Can you put something on the home page of the website about the club meeting on the 31st? If not, maybe something to think about for future meetings. I don't think many people click on the calendar but I may be wrong.
    Jason Van Over

Your absolutely right Jason! Curiosity killed the cat! I have a ching basket and will bring it, but a real basket would be better.

i have an instep basket in my trunk...

LDGC Public Relations

DON'T FORGET JAN 31st LOUISVILLE DISC GOLF CLUB MEETING AT ROOSTERS

lots to talk about - its gonna be one of the biggest disc golf years in Louisville ever

MEMBERSHIP DUES FOR 2009 ARE DUE - $10 - league discounts, pdga discount, disc sale discount, support disc golf in louisville

WE WILL HAVE A DRAWING FOR ALL PAID 09 LDGC MEMBERSHIPS - FOR YOUR 2009 PDGA MEMBERSHIP ($50 value)

BAG TAGS FOR 2009 - $10 for club members - weekly bag tag leagues throughout the year at all the local courses -

we need everyones support - newbie or pro - if you play disc golf come out to Roosters 4PM get some wings throw some discs - gonna be a great time

Thread Information