Sorry it took me so long to post the minutes from the meeting, but Tim "The Fireman" Foley and myself were busy playing 11 rounds in 4 days in the arctic tundra of Central Florida.
Here are the minutes as I saw them:
Officers present: Steve Simpson, President; Tim "Sweat" Pennington, Vice President; Nate Hartlage, Treasurer; Jeremy Watts, Event Coordinator; Martin Young, Public Relations; Bub Hill, Secretary.
Members present: Adam Higdon, Terry Glass, Ed Murphy, Nick Murphy, Ross Heichelbech, Steve Jones, Mike Schepers, Josh Cummings, Julie Watts, Jason Vanover, Ross
- We need to get a good, updated e-mail and phone list of the members.
- Should we have regular meetings or call them on occasion or as-needed? We decided to to hold meetings every other month, the date to be determined by Steve according to tournament schedules, etc.
- By-Laws: There is a link on the website. If anyone has any changes, bring them up at the next meeting.
- Nate Hartlage will take over the Treasurer's job from Sam Shaheen.
- Questions about Charlie Vettiner: We need to power seed some fairways; Add tee signs and replace damaged practice basket; What is the status of the Eagle Scout project? Should there be multiple pin placements on more holes?
- How many non-playing volunteers will we need for the tournament? We agreed 6 to 8 at each site.
- We talked about the problems at The Red Hawk in Crystal River, Florida that led to the course being pulled and The Players Cup cancelled indefinitely.
- Insurance: Are we up to date?
- For anyone interested in running a tournament, there are links on the PDGA website on how to plan & run a tournament.
- Who wants to run summer leagues this year? Also, bag tag leagues.
- How can we get more people from Iroquois involved in the club?
- We need to try and get more sponsors, big or small, for the Vettiner tournament. We need to approach Holiday Inn New Albany & the Waffle House about discounts for the tournament.
- Jason Vanover had some interesting ideas about raising money: 1. CTP's for $5 or $10 at tournaments; 2. Better job selling fund raiser discs. Better communication is needed here; 3. Autographed discs for fundraisers; 4. A DVD for sale of the Vettiner tournament; 5. Raffle a round with a pro; 6. Putting competition (such is held at the worlds) at CVO; 7. Multiple-sponsorships; 8. Skins tournament; 9. Breakfast at restaurants. See Jason for more in-depth info about these.
- We will have a drawing for a free PDGA membership @ a future date to be announced. Only for members who are present and have paid LDGC dues. Members that are already up-to-date will be reimbursed for their PDGA membership.
- Next meeting will be at The New Albanian, date to be determined.