Thread: Super-Class

Default Super-Class

The pdga has posted a new type of tournament called Super-Class. I know some of you guys that play with DLG have probably been hearing about it because he is on some type of committee for it. Sounds like fun and makes IQ a new challenge. Maybe CV is out of the question with the type of disc or makes it harder than it already is.

Look it up at http://www.pdga.com/super-class

Martin has some ultimate discs and I have one to play with. Maybe we can get a few guys together one day and try it out. The list of discs sanctioned to use is on the bottom of the article. It makes me wish I bought a couple of Zephers when I had the chance.
    Jason Van Over

Default Re: Super-Class

sounds like something the old folks will love
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

I guess that means ME. Yeah, that looks like it wil be fun. It will give you an idea of what we threw back in the early 70's and 80's. To all the members that didn't show for the meeting, you missed a good time and good food. I would like to see a greater involvment in future meetings, we have an A tier tournament coming up in about 11 months so we have some serious planning to do. Everybody said they wanted a bigger and stronger club, well we are getting there and we need a few more people to step and show some leadership. We need more serious TD"s for one thing. We are probably going to hold the CV tourny on more than one course, so we will need a set of TD's on each course. We need to begin to gather up sponcers for the caddy book. I got the MGR of Roosters to agree to back a hole and left him a copy of the GLO caddy book. Donated items are welcome too. They can be used to award AM winners, or as CTP's. I plan to schedule a TD Clinic sometime during the winter, probably in Jan or Feb. Jeremy and I will get together and set a time and place. We can start a team of TD's and make sure we are all on the same page when it comes to how to run a quality event. I believe as a member of an affliated club, you can take the TD exam for free. Keep the CV Open in your minds between now and then, we have to make it a high class event so that we build on our reputation. The LDGC is known for good pay outs and timely, fair play. Let's all work to keep it that way. See you guys on the course. BUB, take care of your back!

LDGC Public Relations

Gonna be sweet I've heard I've got a carload of ultrastars anytime anyone wants to throw playing with just one makes a 54 at Iroquois feel good

I guess that means me too. I have to admit, the point about DG being like bowling is very true. While I enjoy any round I get to play these days, it was a whole lot more FUN back in the day with older discs. But how can you refuse a disc that can fly 3 times as far as the one in your bag? So we moved on and I think lost a little of the common man allure. Iroquois will be a beast with those discs. Otter will be wild.

In a way this has been happening for a while anyway. Pretty common knowledge that the disc standards set forth by the PDGA restrict potential speed and distance. Without the standards we'd all be teeing with Aerobies, and making all of the existing courses obsolete.

Gonna have to try super class one day.

I personally have zero interest in playing Super Class events.
    With the limited resources the PDGA has it's a mistake to work on
    a pet project right now.

I am sure Innova and Discraft are all over this new disc sport. More sales!!

Hopeful towards the future and looking forward to it.

One small step for disc-golf discs. One large step for disc-golfer's kind.

Count me in !

Drive Long, Putt Short & Leave A Good-Looking Scorecard.

ed - dro 'Over & Out'
    HitchHiking Across The Galaxy

I think This would be a good catagorie for the old and the injured. People who can't sling a disc that far anymore without alot of pain would like this idea. I would also like to know how the game was and felt like back in the old days, maybe I'm just nastaljick. This would show the depth of our sport as well. The old farts could give us a run for our money...know how against a younger body who wins if you can only both throw about the same distance??? I like it...I have a 200g. whamo to bust out

I have a midnight flier #3 that I can bomb like 350-375 its pretty accurate too...
    But some times it turns over something fierce lol....
    I learned how to throw it air bounce style and it dosnt go as far but dosnt flip madly to the right either...
    Im kinda 50/50 on this idea??? dont know how far it will really go but you never know...
    I would rather see them go to all par 72 courses then trying to back in time.
    they need to look toward the future not the past... just my thoughts!!
    BTW all is well in p'cola... hope everybody has a great christmas...
    Keep it under par guys!!!
    Mark "Buzzz-B" McAlister
    Check out this web site for info on Gateway discs!!!
    http://www.gdstour.com

Thread Information