Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winter Leagues........

Banned Users

Default Re: Winter Leagues........

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    And I certainly hope Nate still enjoys running leagues, but he's been doing it for a long time now and I would hate to see him get burnt out. Running the league every other week in the winter could be a nice break, but that's up to him.

As far as I'm concerned, Nate is in charge of the PBL so it's up to him how he wants to run it and if he wants help.

Nobody take this the wrong way, but where did the pbl originate and who was the originator? Reguardless of what may have occurred I originally designed this to be done at IQ and CV, not to be moved to other courses. I am offering my help, if no help is wanted than I will just run a few monthly events and Nate can burn himself out. Personally I think that everyone should be grateful that anyone is offering to help, seeing as how this is the reason why people get burnt out in the first place. Besides before anyone else decides to speculate it would be nice to hear from the MODERATOR of the pbl! Nate are you out there, this thread started in OCT and we still havent heard from you?

LDGC Public Relations

actually nate has responded. . .

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2465#p14626

it sounds like lots of people are stepping up with some interest to help not just nate and russ - thats great

it was mentioned of a big event once a month - well what if radcliff/otter/maria benham is the NOV event and there is some mention of a CV event for DEC -

points could be awarded for some continous league??? - mixed with weekly dbls be them at iroquois, otter, CV, fun farm, ashtons, lebanon -

i'll try and help so put me down, i can make some commitments once a schedule is put together -

you know iroquois and CV don't have to be dependent on one another - we can have winter leagues everyday of the winter if we want - lets keep some simplicity here - saturdays/sundays, both louisville courses, if we want to drive a little bit - carpool, i think dbls leagues at both locations is best and every once in a while bring everyone together for larger events

what russ is talking about as far as nate responding would actually refer to what all of are talking about here in this thread. there are alot of great ideas here and the pbl thread is still locked. this could be why nate is not responding. i think he is waiting for something in the pbl thread and nobody, at least not me, can post in the pbl thread. also, i would hope that nate would gladly accept assistance in running some leagues.

I'll unlock the PBL incase Nate doesn't know how. He's pretty busy lately and doesn't get on the site that often so don't burn him at the stake for not responding here.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Check out my post under Polar Bear weekly leagues.
    USE LIFE TO PROVIDE SOMETHING THAT OUTLASTS IT!!!!

Banned Users

Alright since this is the winter leagues thread, than here are your winter TEAM leagues.........
    We can work out the formalities and such, like how much and all that good stuff at the meeting........

We will have 3 captains, one for each course. Since Jeremy, Nate, and Myself are all people who do things at there course we can be the first captains. That is as long as Jeremy and Nate agree to be the captains for there courses. This is CV, IQ, and OCP. the 3 Louisville Courses.

We will disuss a sign up day and anyone who wants to play shows up at IQ, because it is in the middle. On that day, from the available players we will have a draft. The 3 of us will pick the teams for our courses.

After the teams are picked we will start the tournament right then at IQ

We will take all of the scores and total them up from each team. The team with the lowest overal scores at the end of all 3 wins.

we can discuss this also, you will be playing to see who the next captain is for next year. Would we do best scores or worst scores?

You must be at the tournaments to be eligible for money. So in other words be commmited or don't sign up.The payouts will be 2/3 of the total money goes to the first place course to spilt, second place course will get the remaining 1/3. Or we could give it all to the winner?

There will be 2 more tournaments, one at CV and one at OCP. They will be once a month.

We can deduct enough money up front to buy a sign in the name of the winter team leagues for the CVO. Which, by the way is Awesome, way to go Jeremy!

Each Tournament can be one round or play a round and a half and have the captains pick the 9 extra holes.

We will discuss this all at the meeting on the 22nd, in the meantime if you would like to add anything, please do this is for all of you and the CVO SUPER TOUR A-TIER

????????????? do what????????
    themick

Thread Information