Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Leagues........

Default Re: Winter Leagues........

to add, i'm up for alternating as you proposed...

I like Adam's idea.

Banned Users

I like Adam's idea also, however I am only for doing this at IQ and CV. OCP and anywhere out that way is just to dang far away. Plus with the economy being crapolla it would most likely hamper any efforts we make. Take the GLO for example, the past 3 or 4 years has had 120 to 130 players in crappy weather. This year the weather was awesome and we only had 70 something. Now this could have been due to other tournaments in the area, but I honestly think it was due to money being tight right now. Plus no offense to anyone but this is the LDGC, not the out of county DGC. I mean if we are going to do OCP, Radcliff and E-town than why isn't Lebanon included? It is 1 mile further than OCP from my driveway. But I don't want to go there I was only using it as an example.
    I am also down for the CV vs IQ once a month. I also like Sam's idea of one big thing a month. Honestly that is what I am in most favor of.
    So does anyone know how I can get a hold of Nate dog? I put an IM out there several days ago and have not heard from him.

Just my 2 cents!!!!!

i guess i will post here since i can't post in the pbl due to it still being locked. the pbl was originally started to cover both cv and iq. they alternated between the two. this i think needs to remain that way. i do not agree that they should be primarily at one course with occasional visits elsewhere. it is true that i have alot on my plate, i do boy scouts, cub scouts, disc golf, as well as helping out on three seperate eagle scout projects. these piled on with the fact that my wife is in college and i have to help out a little more around the house. but, if need be i can run leagues at cv. i have the same problem that nate has in the fact that it is cheaper for me to play at cv than to drive to iq. i propose that maybe we can have individuals such as nate and myself collaborate with each other in order to run successful pbl's at both courses using the exact same guidelines. i guess it is possible to occasionaly go to jim ashtons and oc, but we really need to accomodate individuals on both sides of the city. i guess this would be my twenty five cents.

I like the alternating courses idea that more people get a chance to play. i will help run some if i can but we all know im busy to say the least. and the glo didnt have the turnout becuase of the tourney the next day everyone ive talked likes that tourney better from what i hear better course and payout.
    themick

Quote Originally Posted by themick
    the glo didnt have the turnout becuase of the tourney the next day everyone ive talked likes that tourney better from what i hear better course and payout.
    Yup!
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

What Mick says is only partly true in my opinion.
    There were a lot of reasons stacking up against us.
    1. Day after a Friday night Halloween. I know a few who partied instead
    of disc golf.
    2. The Pumpkin Shootout was a little bit of a factor. Next year we will communicate
    with our regional clubs better.
    3. The PDGA website is down and nobody was able to see the registered players.
    4. The pricing was wrong. It was priced like a two day tournament but in
    fact it was a one day C tier. At least my division was.
    5. The economy is a factor no doubt. I am not going to name any one personally
    but I talked to a handful of people that said money was an issue and they just couldn't'
    swing any more tournaments this year.

All that being said, we did have a nice little tournament. Our main dog is the CV Open.

Nate has already posted that he is doing a Polar Bear league at IQ, OCP, Jim Ashtons and CV.
    Has anyone talked to him? I have not.

Those are some good point about what was stacked up against the GLO, Sammy. I didn't realize that much was going on.

Alternating between IQ and CV for winter leagues opens up the possibility of having one person run the league when it's at IQ and another when it's at CV even though it's the same league that's played on the same day of the week. The only reason I suggested this idea is because there are other people willing to help out. And I certainly hope Nate still enjoys running leagues, but he's been doing it for a long time now and I would hate to see him get burnt out. Running the league every other week in the winter could be a nice break, but that's up to him.

As far as I'm concerned, Nate is in charge of the PBL so it's up to him how he wants to run it and if he wants help.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by captain plastic
    4. The pricing was wrong. It was priced like a two day tournament but in
    fact it was a one day C tier. At least my division was.
    Why would it be a C-tier? Adam raised MORE than enough money to bump this tourney up to a B-tier and it was advertised that we would be paying $3 fees to the PDGA ($3 dollar fees is a B-tier requirement, $2 fees is C-tier). Not to mention that we've worked VERY hard in the past to build it up to B-tier status and NEVER advertised that it had been changed from a B-tier to a C-tier.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I was under the impression that a B tier tournament had to have 54 holes played.
    Maybe I am wrong. We played 48 holes. I also only paid for a C tier status with
    the PDGA. I think the Shoot Out was also listed as a C tier.

Like I said I may be wrong.

Thread Information