Thread: new to the sport and to LDGC

Default new to the sport and to LDGC

Just joined LDGC today...i'm not a member of PDGA, yet, but something i need to do soon i guess...
    little background on me:
    i threw for the first time in April at Freeman Lake when a few buddies from work dragged me out to try it...sounded cheesy then, but i'm hooked now...

my time is pretty severely limited since i live in the ville and work in etown, plus have a 1 year old...so basically i get to play at freeman on lunch, we play the front nine usually, couple times we've played the back nine...made some progress, started out forehand (rh) and was typically 8-10 over par...then one time tried backhand and it felt so natural...now i typically do even to 2 under, and have 2'd about half of the front nine...i've not had an ace yet, still hoping...

i've played iriquois a few times, best of 4 under for 18 holes, even 3'd number 17 on the first try (i was proud of that), and i've played vettiner once, but did horribly (i think), at 8 over...that is one tough course...

i like to throw innova discs, but i have to admit i've only thrown disccraft a couple times (borrowed discs), and never thrown any other brands...i've hit ~375ft with my wraith (typically around 325-350), and just got a star destroyer from friend, only thrown it a couple times now, and i just ordered a boss that should be in this week...can't wait to throw it..

i'd really like to get involved with a local group, and i've seen a couple guys at freeman with LDGC shirts, so i thought i'd check it out...i'm really a car guy at heart, but i am absolutely addicted to DG...look forward to meeting some new people and throwing some plastic soon...

Default Re: new to the sport and to LDGC

Sat would be a great chance for u to see and get the feel for playing in a tourny. Otter Creek Fall open is Sat and it would give u a chance to meet alot of the disc golfer's from around the area. There are different divisions open to player's with different skill levels. Player's packages will be given I believe! Holes will be added to make it 27 and we will play 2 rounds. Come on out! All the info is on the home page.

Sounds like you have some real natural ability. 8 over at CV is not bad. Really that is 4 over since
    CV is a par 58. The tournament this Saturday is at Otter Creek and starts at 9. You should be able to
    be home by 6.

If not come out to any scheduled event put on by the club and you will meet new people. (that are also
    hooked on disc golf)
    Stay connected through this board.
    Welcome to the game!!

Banned Users

If you want to go to the Fall disc golf open you can catch a ride with me. I live about a half a mile from CV. Let me know!!!!!

don't think i can make it this saturday, just found out about it while browsing the board last night, not enough notice for me...although i would love to play OC since i haven't yet...was supposed to play radcliff for the first time last week and it rained...couple buddies at work were looking at the fun farm online and thought it looked pretty good, although we both flinched at having to pay to play...is it worth it (i know it's only $5, but it's also a 1.5 hour drive for them, and 45 minutes for me)...

VERY worth it!
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

LDGC Public Relations

if you liked vettiner at all - check out the fun farm - play all day for the $5 bucks - same designer for both courses - lots of elevation and a great mix of open and woods - 20, 21, 22 hole layout

and after you don't feel so bad about spending $5 to play - head up to English, IN play on a ball golf course, multiple 1000 ft holes and drive a golf cart $20 all you can play

Thread Information