Thread: Damaged Practice Basket at CV

Default Damaged Practice Basket at CV

Does anyone know the plans for the practice basket that has a tree on it at CV? I would like to claim it or put a bid on it if that is an option. I'm pretty sure that it is owned by the parks dept. but they might just be thinking of throwing it away. If anyone knows a contact or already has an idea, can you let me know? Thanks
    Jason Van Over

Default Re: Damaged Practice Basket at CV

You can't take the basket away. It's the only thing holding up the tree to prevent it from rolling down the hill. THE only thing.
    Steve Jones
    PDGA # 39463

Sorry Jason, I Think we can reuse the Chains and basket, just replace the pole. I will let you know.

Banned Users

Not anymore. Someone(and I know who if anyone would like to PM me) came and cut part of the tree up with a CHAINSAW so that they could get fire wood. This happens to be the same person who refuses to return lost discs because according to him, "it's finders keepers". He said that someone in the maintenance garage told him it was OK . Anyhow now it is trying to role down the hill because nothing is holding it .

I think you should call the guy out the next time he finds the disc by calling the person if you know who they are and tell them that person has their disc. Feel free to call me anytime. 502- 376- 1265. I can afford to replace discs but some discs are irreplacable if you know what I mean.
    Jason Van Over

I don't know who it is, but I imagine they have a couple of mine that I've left at CV...
    Daniel

My putter still doinks harder than yours!

Banned Users

I've already called him out more than once. I gave his son a disc out of kindness, than a week later I see him carrying 3 of my discs. I told him that next time I won't even ask him about it, I will just tackle his "Smurf". He is a former ball golfer who obviously doesn't realize the difference between a dozen golf balls costing $20 and 1 disc costing $20. I got pretty foul with him over just that Jason. Some discs are irreplaceable. He still doesn't seem to care because he has made it known that we are just a bunch "smurfs" whom he could care less about. He will never play in a tournament because we don't pay well enough, he will never care about anything we teach him because he is smarter, older and should not have to adhere to what we tell him. Those are both direct quotes out of his mouth. I'd love to have him banned from even playing, he is arrogant beyond all belief and will end up getting us in trouble if he keeps going in broad daylight with a chainsaw to cut down trees. I have warned his good friend who is an LDGC member that next time I will turn him in to the city, and the police because we are "just a bunch of "smurfs" who could care less about him"

LDGC Public Relations

i suspect i know this disc snatching character - and if he is the same - his kid or neighbors kid called me about by 2time ace comet - i traded him and his kids a few discs and hopefully got him to open up on the possibility of making discs return - but who knows- just an etiqutte issue in the long run - to some sad truth once a disc is left behind be it lost, forgotten, or other - new ownership is up for grabs - but it is always cool to at least call the number on the back and ask

Banned Users

That would be the same one. And yes someone has an issue with etiquette or morals or something.

Thread Information