Thread: Meeting

Default Meeting

I had a meeting this AM with the Louisville Sports Commission. I feel that it will do us some good. They expressed interest in the sport and promised they would do what they could to improve the perception of DG in the Metro area. We will also be contacted in the future for meetings to discuss the progress of our efforts. There is only so much they can do, but it is a step in the right direction. They are going to make some calls to the Parks Dept. and see if they can help get things moving a little faster. We shall see. Also, we need to get as many bodies out to CV this Friday about 5pm to help Bink and I unload one or both of the bridges. We are going to try and get them out there and then the Parks dept. is going to arrange for a contractor to set them on the piers. When that is done, we can start putting the wood on them to finish up. We need as many to show up as possible to handle the weight of the units. More news later, thanks for the help in advance.

Banned Users

Default Re: Meeting

Count me in!!!!! I'll be there, but why is a contractor being hired when we put the one on 3 by ourselves? This city needs to really quit with the ignorant crap. The economy is crap and they are blowing needless money.

Good job Steve.

I'll try to make it if I can. Friday is one of the only days that I have my son each week so if I stop by it will only be for a little bit.
    Jason Van Over

The contractors are there to do other work, such as building up the dirt ramps for the bridges. The remaining bridges are all welded together and are too heavy to lift without equip. They have agreed to haul them down to the piers and set them so we can come in and finish the job. This is all coming out of the CV budget. Mike said that the money in the CV account can only be used for CV, so I plan to make use of all of it so it can't "absorbed" into some other projects. I hope to get a few more baskets and get permission to add some more permanent holes at CV plus maybe some nice benches etc. We will see what is left after all is done. I will keep you informed as to what is going to happen.

Wow! That's AWESOME and it kinda SUX at the same time!

It seems like it would be more advantageous to use that money for another course BUT since we can not...CV will just be AWESOME when it's all said and done. Good work Steve!
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Banned Users

I totally agree, Steve you are doing a great job. The only sad part is that the Parks dept. would rather waste money on contractors instead of realizing that us Disc Golfers could most likely do the job free of charge. I honestly can't see that a contractor could do something that we couldn't do ourselves. Maybe just maybe this is one of the reasons for the economy being in such bad shape. When Bureaucrats take charge of the government it's bound to be corrupted. "Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours".
    It's just too bad that I couldn't see what Steve and Dave, and Ed and Bink, and Mike, and (the list is endless) have seen for many years. Even worse is there are trees down all over the parks and they are worried about stuff that isn't near as important as cleaning up the crap that breeds Mosquitoes and west Nile. Guess they figure that it's close to winter and they will all be dead soon.

In the meantime Great work STEVE

Steve do you think we could buy 9 extra baskets and make it 27 holes?

I've already brought that up with Mike Dulin and he said that he would run that by the Parks Dept and see what kind of responce we get. That is my #1 goal for the rest of that money. Mike is going to figure out how much we are looking at soon and we can figure out where we go from here. I'm confident that we will see some new courses coming up in the future in small towns outside of Jefferson Co. but still close enough to drive to in 30 to 40 minutes. I can't say anything yet but I have high hopes for the future.

Default Whos coming to help move the bridge?

Hope we have about 10 people or so. we just need to get the bridge off the truck. i guess we'll set it by the maint. shed or somewhere down there. maybe if its in their way, they may actually do something with it, like put it in place. 5 pm, should only take about 20 minutes or so........

bink
    Trust but Verify.

thanks to everyone who showed up. we got the bridge off the truck in about 5 minutes.....maybe we can get the last bridge out there next week.

thanks again!

bink
    Trust but Verify.

Thread Information