Thread: CrAzY dAy In ThE vIlLe

Banned Users

Default CrAzY dAy In ThE vIlLe

I'm sure more than half of you aren't even going to see this for a few days, since your probably without electricity. Hope everyone is OK and didn't get hurt by any of this crazy wind. If you didn't get to go out and throw any before it got real crazy, you missed out. That is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I'm going to go to CV in the morning to survey the damage. I'm almost certain that there is some since my subdivision is almost completely without power and there are a ton of trees and power lines down. Does anyone know about any other courses? I hear this is pretty widespread not just Louisville. I also heard they had to close the Bridge between Brandenburg and Indiana due to a barge that broke loose and hit the bridge. Anyhow hope things are alright in your area's...........

Default Re: CrAzY dAy In ThE vIlLe

Didn't get out by the course here in Lebanon today, but there aren't THAT manny branches down here. Not to mention nobody lost power here... Guess you just got it worse there.

What a day. I've moved my office into my car, laptop running on car battery, even printed some things off the printer in the backseat. No power at the house.

Freeman fared pretty well.
    A couple small branches were down here and there. Nothing major.
    Was real cool trying to guess where your disc would end up in a wind like that.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Yeah...I got some windy day practice at OCP. It was INSANE!!! The course is WRECKED now. Trees down on #2-#7 and #12 and there is just general debris EVERYWHERE. You can't step on the ground without stepping on branches and twigs. Benches are broken from trees fallen on them. Garbage is scatter from the cans being blown around. Holes #2, #3, and #6 had BLOCKED fairways due to downed trees. Those holes were NOT PLAYABLE until a couple locals and myself did a little maintainance. They're still in BAD shape but you can throw now.

If you go out there keep looking up. There are 50 foot long tree tops that are snapped off and just hanging above the fairways by branches. If they fell they could quite easy mame or kill you.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Yeah, according to Mayor Jerry yesterday, there are over 1,100 downed power lines in the LG&E district. Said some would be witout power for as much as a week. Might have to get used to your new office, Scott!

Our power kicked back on around 6ish. I'm guessing because we are so close to the schools here in Ferncreek. There were alot of big branches and smaller trees down in the surrounding neighborhoods. We went out looking for food because we didn't want to open the fridge or freezer up. We ended up at Kroger because everything was closed. They were on limited power and were in the process of packing up all of their cold foods. Alot of people were in shopping and you could tell where there was still food because everyone flocked there. My parents live by Jefferson Mall and there were alot of trees down there but they never lost power. One of the metal cart return things in Wallmarts parking lot was on its side and up againt the curb. I saw a three car wreck and about 200ft away was a two car wreck. My wifes mother lives by the zoo and the police weren't letting anyone in her neighborhood.
    Orc / Vision / Predator / Teebird / TL / Condor / Roc / Stingray / Voodoo

Banned Users

Well Kao, there is NO more Kroger in fern creek. It literally ran out of food last night and is now closed. There is little or NO gas and we have 40,000 out of towners coming in for the Ryder Cup. Sounds like the Mayor for Life is screwing up pretty bad.

So update on CV for those who haven't seen it. The Upper practice basket is Squished by the 150 year old tree to the left of the basket. There was a tree down on hole 3 up the middle of the fairway that is now out of the way. Hole 4 the tree on the left up the hill that everyone hits is snapped and hanging across the fairway . Looks like it will make for a new challenge on that hole. PLEASE BE CAREFUL AROUND THAT TREE . It may look stable but you never know. The rest of the course was exactly like Jeremy said OCP was. Debris everywhere. Other than the 2 big trees down I would say we fared pretty well. Guess it could have been much much worse. Also as Jeremy stated be aware that there might still be broken trees hanging in the tree's. I never looked up but it is possible.

That day I was at Lover's Lane in BG and we were warming up over by 18 and a big gust picked up and blew a tree over on tee pad #9.

Thread Information