Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patoka Lake?

Default Patoka Lake?

Anybody know if Patoka Lake's course is still in the ground? Was a NASTY SOB when I played it years ago, mostly because of the thorn bushes. I wouldnt mind playing it if it's still there.

Yes, I've never been there, but it is in the ground. Ben Vercamp (sp) from Evansville is active in caring for that course. It's nine holes, but I think that it may get expanded to 18 soon, according to Ben.
    Dick Stout

yeah I live about 10 mins from there and play it at least once a week if not more.. we are actively working for 9 more holes which seems to have a go ahead. They have done a fair share of cleaning up some (not all) of the rough, but we have some downed trees on the course we need to get up and moved. If you've never played it/or if you have and its been awhile come up and check it out. If you play it give me a PM shout and I'll shoot you my digits...

yeah keep an eye out, we (me and Ben) met with the Parks Manager and Recreation Manager yesterday about expanding the course, they are all for it... so look for an 18 hole course, we are very excited about this and well concrete pads too!!

call wen you guys need help 502- 408-4957 id love to help an could probably round up a few others.

nice, thanks for the offer.. we are just going to map it out and then they are planning on doing the clearing and construction of it all, we have to wait until Mid-September before they can cut anything over 3 inches though. But hopefully during that time period they can clear out the smaller stuff and we can get a better idea on the layout of the course. We're stoaked!!

a little update for you on the Patoka Lake project, all 9 holes have been cleared, just a little re-seeding, and the installation of the baskets, concrete pads, and tee-signs and it will be good to go... its beautiful..

and the plus side of all of this, a prison has brought inmates up to do most of the work, putting our American tax dollars to work

Default ...

This may be the first time our tax dollars were used for something worthwile.

Scotty B you are the man!!
    Way to step up and be a leader in that area!!

Look for this course to be finished this spring!!
    well, atleast in the ground....it will still be a rough sob

Default Re: Patoka Lake?

For all of those interested in this course, especially the older cats arond the 'ville the new 9 basket placements and tee pad placements have been mapped out, hopefully it will all be in the ground and grass will be seeded by March/April... its going to be sweeeet!!

Southern Indiana is flourishing with DG courses and interest, Dubois County will be budgetting for a course in 2009 this year and Benny V is working on another course in Boonville area, our outlook/goal of 10 courses in 10 years looks pretty promising.

Thread Information