Thread: Feldberg mentions Dave Greenwell

Default Feldberg mentions Dave Greenwell

For those of you who are not familiar with us yet, we are a new Disc Golf news related website at http://www.1000rated.com

We are committed to bringing the disc golf community updated and interesting information, articles, interviews, etc that help promote and highlight our talented players, TD's, course designers, +.

We just finished interviews with both Pro World Champions.

Read the Dave Feldberg interview at: http://www.1000rated.com/?p=82 (he mentions Dave Greenwell as his favorite 1000 rated player at the end of the interview)
    Read the Val Jenkins interview at: http://www.1000rated.com/?p=75

Next week we should have some new interviews including conversations with up and coming players Paul Ulibarri and Ziggy Bierekoven, and an article on the upcoming new PDGA website due out in September (including an interview with the guy behind the scenes).

Enjoy, and keep coming back!

Brian
    1000rated.com

Default Re: Feldberg mentions Dave Greenwell

Here's the exert:

Quote Originally Posted by 1000rated.com
    1000 RATED: We ask this question to everyone, who is your favorite 1000 rated player and why?

DAVE FELDBERG: Dave Greenwell, because he was one of the players early on that I havent mentioned, that really went out of his way to help me. He taught me some principles about life - like cleaning up after yourself and your things - how important it is to do a little extra work to make people feel better when you are staying with them. He just taught me some life lessons and stuff - and hes always there supporting me, hes always taking me out to dinners, hes telling me that Im going to have it in me. You know, Just keep trying - you got it.

He kind of reminds me of me - his name is Dave - hes got dark hair. Hes got style, and people respect him. When he carries himself hes never disrespectful in public - hes a gentleman. My girlfriend, Melody King - who is going to be my wife - she loves him just from hanging out with him. She thinks hes a great guy. He knows how to treat people, and man hes a genuine guy. Hes the real Ken Climo before there was Ken Climo, and I hope we dont forget him in the long run.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

DLG told me the story one day in his shop of a time he was at Climo's house and Dave (and maybe Avery) was there and after they finished eating Dave Feldberg just let the dishes sit. DLG said to him something along the lines of "Boy, you better get in there and wash those dishes. You need to show respect for the people that are helping you." I'm curious if it is that is the same instance that Feldberg is referencing.

After he told me that I realized that DLG was more than just a guy that is great at disc golf. He is a life coach to a lot of the players out there. This isn't the first time that I have heard a player talk about DLG this way. I hope that I get a chance to throw a lot more with him.
    Jason Van Over

That guy that you guys are finally getting to know a little better has been my friend for over 25 yrs. That's why we have been friends for so long, I think one of the things you are measured by are the friends you keep. That's why I have always stood up for him when people got down on him. He is a true Ambassador for DG.

Thread Information