Thread: DG thoughts

Default DG thoughts

I wanted to take a few moments and try to expound on my thoughts concerning DG in Louisville. There has been times in the past that some people thought that I and DG were trying to control DG in the Metro area. That could not be further from the truth. Neither Dave or I have anything to gain from that course or action. If it were up to us, there would be a multitude of courses in the Louisville area. I have worked on MANY DG courses in the area, trying to help out whatever club was involved in getting a course installed. I love this game. I have loved it since I was exposed to it in the early 70's. I never had the talent of DG but I will match his desire to see this sport grow into it's own as a serious sport. I was the Prez of the old Louisville Frisbee Disc Club, and was the president when we installed the original IQ course that was layed out by Ed Headrick himself. I had the opportunity to play several rounds with Ed at IQ and Otter Creek in the early 80's. We are faced with with a bunch of politicians now that care more about keeping their jobs than going out on a limb and making a decision. I and other Club officers are trying our best to work our way around these obstructions. You have heard the old saying that "numbers count". That is why we are always trying to expand the membership of the LDGC. It makes us look stronger when I can say I represent a hundred Disc Golfers instead of 20. As members of the LDGC, you have the task of recruiting new members. I am always seeking to add new members to the club, I try to express that there is a lot of truth to "united we stand, devided we fall". There is strength in numbers. It may not show now, but it will in the future, that a strong membership will make us stand out to the powers that be. So let's make every effort to stand together and try to put forth a united effort to grow our club and continue to move the sport we all love into the future. I assure you that as long as I am President of the LDGC, any moves I make will be to further our common interests as Disc Golfers, and to improve the quality of DG in the Metro area. I also want to express my appreciation for all the support I have received from the membership since I have been the President, anything we accomplish would not be possible without your support.

Default Re: DG thoughts

everything you said is right on. i would have loved to play a few rounds with steady Ed Hedrick, I didn't know he designed Irq.
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

Well said Steve.

hats off to ya steve!

Thread Information