Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting Results

Default Meeting Results

I'll tell you what, if you missed the meeting tonight, you missed alot. Steve did a great job communicating what all is in the works at CV. We talked about Derby events. Taking the officials test was brought up. I for one will be taking the test. Russ is taking the test. I put myself in charge of keeping CV clean. But most importantly, you missed everybody working together to accomplish common goals. There was even an apology given. To me that was the most important item accomplished tonight.

Default Re: Meeting Results

Wish I could have made it! My car is finally starting to give up on me. The ignition went out. I hope I can catch up on the minutes later.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

the car excuse. heard that one before. it was great, though.

Yeah...I wish I had something more original but the truth is boring some times.

Thanks for the people that showed up for the future of discgolf and next time hopefully there will be more people that come out. Just to let all u know that u can't be heard if you don't come out to some of the meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat
    Thanks for the people that showed up for the future of discgolf and next time hopefully there will be more people that come out. Just to let all u know that u can't be heard if you don't come out to some of the meetings.
    That's the truth.. There is power in numbers. Let's not give up the fight!! Louisville / Metro will hear us! it's just gonna be a slow / teeth pulling process
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

LDGC Public Relations

i was thinking the other day - it seems one of the issues we have had with talking to metro goverment and such is that - we say there are lots of disc golfers in louisville - but our club membership only accounts for say 30-40 of them - what if some folks will volunteer (i'm in) and hang out around the iroquois and CV for a weekend or two - say hi to all those many golfers that stroll through and get them to write there name down - just to say "I play golf in louisville and I am interested in the future of the sport here in town" - we could have hundreds of names of golfers - we could even get an online list of the many who travel to louisville just to play golf here - the numbers have to be worth something -

and possibly while asking these many players and informing them about the club, leagues, and events - maybe we can get them to sign up as members (meaning more then a name we get some contact info) - for every new $10 member the club could let them dig through a box of discs and pick out two or three - Wed league has a huge supply of cheaper discs - i have lots of cheap discs - i'm sure we all have lots of cheap discs somewhere that someone might like to have -

this might be a great outreach program to inform the recreational disc golfing public about Louisville Disc Golf

I'll be posting a meeting summary in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by martin
    i was thinking the other day - it seems one of the issues we have had with talking to metro goverment and such is that - we say there are lots of disc golfers in louisville - but our club membership only accounts for say 30-40 of them - what if some folks will volunteer (i'm in) and hang out around the iroquois and CV for a weekend or two - say hi to all those many golfers that stroll through and get them to write there name down - just to say "I play golf in louisville and I am interested in the future of the sport here in town" - we could have hundreds of names of golfers - we could even get an online list of the many who travel to louisville just to play golf here - the numbers have to be worth something -

and possibly while asking these many players and informing them about the club, leagues, and events - maybe we can get them to sign up as members (meaning more then a name we get some contact info) - for every new $10 member the club could let them dig through a box of discs and pick out two or three - Wed league has a huge supply of cheaper discs - i have lots of cheap discs - i'm sure we all have lots of cheap discs somewhere that someone might like to have -

this might be a great outreach program to inform the recreational disc golfing public about Louisville Disc Golf
    Fantastic idea!

I agree with Martin. He was explaining his idea the other day during a round and it sounds like a no brainer. Also, I am not a current member of the LDGC but play about every day somewhere in the state. I know that I need to stop stalling and just join. Rather new to this web site. Is there a place on here where I can sign up and then who do I pay? Also, I know there are alot of people out there like me who have just never taken the time to join or don't know there is an actual club in Louisville.

Thread Information