Thread: CV Bridges

Default CV Bridges

Bink, Reject and I worked on the last bridge today getting it closer to finished. We are waiting delv. on the last 2 lengths of steel to finish the frame up and then move them both out to CV so they can be positioned on the piers. When they are in position, all the wood will be delvd. to finish them up. Once that is done, it should be pretty well completed. Then it's just a matter of fine tuning, benches, trash cans etc. I'm still bugging them on what comes after so be patient.

Default Re: CV Bridges

Thanks, guys! And Steve, call me if there is anything I can do during the week. I have a pick-up and could probably get a trailer, just so you know. Preferably in the early part of the day during the week. Weekend's usually don't work too well for me, or evenings. But my schedule is flexable if given some advance notice. Wether it be in Fairdale or at CV. (502) 500-9084

Why can't this all be done now. Why wait for the bridges before signs, trash cans, benches etc. can be placed? It is going to take forever if we keep doing things one thing at time. Use the people we have to start getting things done. I live two blocks away from the park and easily accomplish many task at CV. That's fine if you guys want to wait. I'm done waiting. I have said it before, all you have to do is ask. If you don't want to ask for help from some us just say so. We can do things on our own. By the way, when is the last time bink and reject played leagues at CV?

Metro Parks develops a schedule and a task punch list that we are to adhere to. Unfortunately any time you try to engineer a project there is a LOT of extra time involved. I am assuming that the Parks gave us tasks, dates, and their priority and we must complete each priority before moving on to the next.

I donít understand your question about Bink and Reject playing leagues. Iím EXTREMELY grateful that these guys are willing to sacrifice time working on making our course look amazing when they can barely ever find time to even play.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I too am grateful to Bink, Reject, and all others that help in the community. Don't get me wrong. What I am saying is that we are here as well. Use us. But you don't. Instead we are left out of the loop and not given enough information. We only get tidbits of information when we complain. So I am complaining. This brought out info, well assumed info. Once again you can tell Bink and Reject thank you from me. The current bridge is well built and will stand for along time. The other bridges will be just as well built. Now, explain to me why we have to wait for bridges to get benches. I will see you monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy
    Metro Parks develops a schedule and a task punch list that we are to adhere to.
    That's all I've got!

I'm sure when it's time to build benches, and/or what ever else is needed, the entire disc golf community will be invited/begged to come out and help. Not everyone is invited to go fabricate a bridge though. Bink don't want people just standing around his shop.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

I would be curious to see the entire task list that is planned for CV. There are a lot of woodworkers in this group and there are other fabricators besides Bink. Are there items on that list that others of us can be doing while the bridges are being completed? I think that's a fair question that he proposed. I could Dave and Steve directly but I think it's a valid question that could be discussed on the board. I understand logistics very well as I plan many projects at work, so the forum could be used as a way to assign tasks and for followups. Maybe even create a heading for projects where people can make suggestions and/or receive tasks to complete or volunteer for.
    Jason Van Over

A bulletin board would be a great thing.

I agree with you Jason. It feels like the city is slow to give information
    on what we can do. Steve is communicating to us all the information they are giving him.
    It's like they have blinders on. Nothing is considered until the bridges are done.

Jason I owe you money for the Japan roc. I will bring it to the meeting at Roosters.

Thread Information