Thread: #6 at Radcliff

Default #6 at Radcliff

Well, it must be that time of the year again. It seems that once I hit an ace during the summer I start hitting everything. Last night (exactly one week after hitting an ace at Meade/O) we played league doubles at Radcliff. Butter and Bob Knapp were playing against Jim Ashton and me. Stepping on to #6ís tee we were tied at -5. For those that canít remember hole #6 is the one where the park road winds in front of you and plays O.B. on or to the left of it and the basket is on a cut out ridge of sorts to the right. On a course full of twos this hole is one of the tougher ones. Jim threw first and ended up safe but short of the basket for an EASY three.

I stepped up, with the confidence of Jimís in-bounds shot, and took a run for birdie. I threw a beat Roc which flipped just enough to get online with the basket and then flattened out PERFECTLY and flew on what looked like a laser guided path straight to the DEAD CENTER of the chains. This drive hit the chains like a perfect putt thrown from about 5í. It was just over the rim of the cage, PERFECTLY flat, and at the PERFECT center of the chains. Iíve honestly NEVER seen another drive hit the chains so pure. But...much to my dismayÖit fell out. We all assumed that it just hit the pole and bounced out. What was odd about it though is that the disc remained flat even as it bounced backwards out of the basket and hovered straight down to the ground.

I have to say that my last two bounce outs (#5 at Radcliff last week during Tuesday night leagues and this one) have been HUGE let downs. Hitting solid chains on #5 and #6 at Radcliff is something I will most likely NEVER do again.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Default Re: #6 at Radcliff

I am dedicating the rest of my disc golf life to puting an end to spit outs!!! No but seriously that is one of the problems that makes our sport look unprofessional. As you all know I was a ball golfer for about 8-9 years. I know people who still play and have heard...(If it goes in why doesn't it stay in and can't you guys make a basket were it does. if you hit a golf ball in the hole it stays in the hole.) We all feel your pain Maybe one day the spit out will be no more

That's easy. No center post.
    Jason Van Over

Maybe something could be done to the poles to make them absorb impact better. That could fix part of the problem nice idea.

Thread Information