Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Leagues........

Banned Users

Default Winter Leagues........

Ok, so I have been questioned repeatedly about the league situation at CV. I guess that I will go ahead and run them however I wish that someone would step up and help. Damon has his plate pretty full with scouts and can only help on a few days. I don't mind doing this, but being there week in and week out can start to wear on a person as we have seen in the past.
    So it looks like Saturday is the day. However there are a number of events scheduled throughout the winter that are on Saturdays. So we can do one of two things..........Either skip those weeks or move it to Sunday for those weekends. I will leave this up to those who show up to play.
    So, I'm looking back at the post about what day leagues should be on and no one posted a time. Sometime in the next week I would like to hear from everyone about a time and even a format. Or we could just let majority rule and decide before we play.
    Basically I am leaving this all up to you guys to decide. You are the ones who play so you should have a chance to weigh in and give your opinions. As of now Saturday is all we have. The first one will be NOVEMBER 8th. The following weekend is the Maria Benham benefit, so there will not be one that weekend, unless you decide to move those weeks to Sunday. Sometime in the next week I will devise a schedule of what weekends are taken, and post them here!!!!

GIVE ME SOME IDEAS GUYS!!! THAT MEANS EVERYONE NOT JUST ONE OR TWO PEOPLE!!!!!!!
    THIS IS LIKE BURGER KING......YOU CAN HAVE IT YOUR WAY OR GO TO MC DONALD'S AND HAVE THERE WAY!!!!!!

Banned Users

Default Re: Winter Leagues........

so here is my idea...............
    Is there any way we could get a CV vs Iroquois doubles series going?

Since there seems to be people who strictly play CV and those who play only Iroquois, I'm thinking that maybe we could get some kind of bring your own partner doubles going on once a month throughout the winter. We could alternate courses and keep some kind of points. The only problem is the CV crew is seriously outnumbered, but we have much higher caliber players than the Iroquois crew.
    So does anyone like this idea?

Banned Users

So does anyone really want leagues at CV? Just asking cause no one seems to be putting in any input. Or would you just like me to just shut up and run the dang thing?

Input please!!!!!!

Winter leagues are good.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

I should be able to make a few saturdays this winter. What ever time of day you choose is fine with me (probably not before 10 or 11 though )
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

I can make some. Can't run anything. Just never know with work.
    People love the Saturday or Sunday league event.

What about instead of every week we do a monthly. Like four or
    five bigger events through winter. We could have a little point
    series or something. We could also rotate them singles, doubles.
    Some could be two rounds others just one. Maybe even end
    with a big nasty swampy morning with a visit to Charlie in
    the afternoon. Wow that would be fun.

every week and monthlies??
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

i am planning on making some of the events at CV, but as far as bring your own doubles, i don't really know anyone else that throws, that is local...

Let's be honest, how many people are going to play leagues on Saturday and Sunday during the winter?

So instead of holding one league at IQ and another at CV this winter, why not combine them into one league that will alternate between the courses?

There will be bigger turnouts (which means bigger payouts) and it will make it easier on Nate and Russ since they won't have to run a league every weekend. Nate and Russ could agree on a schedule for the entirety of the winter league, post it online and at the courses and you're set. I'll even volunteer to make the flier to post at the courses.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton
    i am planning on making some of the events at CV, but as far as bring your own doubles, i don't really know anyone else that throws, that is local...
    You don't need to bring a partner, you'll be randomly teamed up with someone.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Thread Information