Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hole 11

Default Re: hole 11

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy
    Where would the OB stop? Should it be OB on #3 and #5?
    i wouldn't have a problem with that...3 is no prob being OB, 5 might be argued, but doable...

no, we could just circle a few spots here and there with some yellow rope and make them ob! put some in the fairway as well, while we're at it, put some on the pads also. just kidding. seriously, fake lakes, a mando just to have mando, etc, dont really impress me that much. seems kinda mickey mousey to me. i just think that the entire ditch should all be ob or none of it at all should be ob. and this is good discussion.

bink
    Trust but Verify.

Played the course today. I do see the concept of a sand trap.
    I like the ob. I do think the whole thing should be ob. Just
    string it off like Bink said. Somewhere before you get over to
    5's fairway.

I think the analogy of the OB on 11 to a sand trap is flawed. A sandtrap in golf is not out of bounds, if you are in the ditch you have to deal with poor footing like you would in a sand trap and your down in the ditch at a different level than than the basket. In my opinion penalizing you a stroke for getting in that ditch (OB) when making a good initial drive is tough. maybe if you go way left and have made a bad shot, but not there in line to the basket from the tee. JMHO

It seems like there is a lot of complaining about throwing for the gap and landing out of bounds. Your "good" shot is not being punished because a good shot would not end up OB. And the "bad" shot is not rewarded because you are still left with a long putt for birdie.

Regardless of the argument, I think the OB should run from #11 all the way through #5. It would make #5 a scary hole, where now it is an easy birdie try.

I think #3 can be left out because if you throw in the ditch you are screwed anyway. No point in stroking you when your next shot is forced to be short anyway due to the steep slope of the fairway.
    -Jason

Let's go throw some plastic.

Thread Information