Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hole 11

Default hole 11

i have been thinking about this for a while, and i think there is a problem with the ditch ob on this hole. not that it is there but i think if the ditch is going to be ob than the whole ditch should be out of bounds. it seems to punish a good shot and reward a bad shot the way it is now. the way i see it if you fag out and go left there is no punishment but if you go straight down the middle and catch a branch than you are ob. im not trying to make anyone mad or call anyone out i just think this issue needs to be addressed sooner than later.
    themick

Default Re: hole 11

i have to agree. a great throw and an unlucky branch is a two stroke swing. make the whole ditch OB, not just the section that affects those who throw with stones.

That's a pretty valid point. I'll talk to Dave about it and see what he thinks.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

LDGC Public Relations

the whole ditch should be ob i agree -

what about the ditch on 16? since both 11 and 12 with culverts and ditches are ob - should 16 be also

I agree with the proposed OB's. I's like to see 16's ditch be OB to keep the course consistent so there's no confusion later on.
    All I need is some tasty waves and a cool buzz and I'm all right.

I backhand as a hobby, I putt to pay the bills.

I'm a little different. I wish NONE of the ditch was ob on 11, except the part way to the right that is beyond the wooden ob posts. It's tough enough putting for 2 from the ditch. A fantastic shot for a short-armer like me lands me right in the bottom of the ditch. It almost becomes a layup hole for me. Same thing on hole 9, but I think the ob is more understandable on that hole. You'd be putting from 15-20' out of the ditch on hole 9 instead of 50 to 60' on hole 11. But what do I know, I'd really like to see Vettiner get a little tough, being that I ONLY shot a 195 this weekend!

I do know what Dave's thinking was on 11 though. He made the most dangerous portion of the ditch OB. The sections he roped off are the areas that have the large rocks that you could twist an ankle on. If we made the whole ditch OB it would be OB on #3 and #5 too right? That same ditch runs through all three holes. The way it plays now it's a risk to run for the bird but it's safe to play to the left for a three. Maybe he left it like that for that reason. I know if the whole ditch were OB there would have been a TON more OB strokes this weekend.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

The Ditch and the Road should be the OB, the right side of the fairway should be playable. Every type of player should have a chance at a good play that includes long hyzer throwers. The ditch is a good OB obstacle and it should be the whole ditch but not the right side of the fairway. The road is a better OB line.

no im not trying to get carried away but have always thought ditch behind 5 should be ob. and if he wanted people to lay up left on 11 there would be a fairway there and theres not. i just dont think it is a fair ob it needs to be expanded or removed. i have never seen anyone lay up left its usally i threw it scared and hyzered out. that should be ob, and dave himself made a ob on the third extra hole for the same reason hyzer out early and your ob. lets make a change
    themick

Default something else to tlak about

does anyone else think the ob on 11 the little ditch on the left needs to be changed? i think the whole ditch should be out or none of it. it seems to punish a decent shot and reward one that hyzered out. just curiuos what others thought?
    themick

Thread Information