Thread: Breast Cancer Awareness

Default Breast Cancer Awareness

My wife and I do a lot of volunteer work for the Susan G. Komen Foundation and we were wondering if anyone would be willing to organize a tourny to help raise awareness and money to help find a cure for this horrible disease. We can provide all of the paperwork and help with anything else required. I hope someone feels the desire to help make this idea a reallity. Breast Cancer Awareness Month is October. This is when they hold their anual BMW, Drive for the Cure and the Race for the Cure. Holding this tournament in October would draw maximum exposure.

This idea will not only go towards saving lives but will also put the Louisville Disc Golf Club in a very good light with the Louisville Metro Community.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Ryan Ball
    rbacoustix

Default Re: Breast Cancer Awareness

Ryan I am sure many people in the LDGC would be willing to help
    with put together a tournament. Breast cancer effects us all in some
    way or another.

Let's start kicking around some dates. Sept., Oct will be here before you know it.
    Take care

Sammy,
    Thanks for the timely response. I will find out the dates for the other Breast Cancer events and get you copies. The Komen foundation does have specific requirements before they will lend out their name for use. One important thing to them is that everyone receive and wear a pink komen foundation shirt during the tourny. This shows true support and looks more official when captured on the news for later broadcasts. These shirts would be a part of the players package for each person when paying the registration fee. We will also have to move fast on deciding on our artwork that would include their logo and get it approved by the foundation. I am really excited about this opportunity. Breast cancer has really devistated our family over the last 10 years as it has many others. It is a great way to raise awareness in a completely new and possibly much younger demographic.

Thanks again,

Ryan Ball
    rbacoustix

Please come to the next club meeting and we can put
    together a time line and a list of people who would help.
    I know I and many others in the sport have been effected
    by breast cancer.

The next meeting will probably be around mid to late June.
    Take care.

Is there a designated place to post meeting dates and times? I am also new to the sport so I am looking forward to meeting new people that play during the week in the middle of the day and that I can learn from. I seem to be in a stall as far getting better. Any suggestions I am listening.

Thread Information