Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Effin' Drunk Drivers

Default Effin' Drunk Drivers

So I was driving home from work tonight around 11:40. I had just crossed some railroad tracks on 1020 and was going around a small curve. The next thing I saw was the headlights of a car headed right for me and the sound of his brakes screeching. He had missed the guy in front of me by less than a couple feet and then proceeded to T-bone me on the driver's side door. This guy had to be doing AT LEAST 80mph and I believe the speed limit is 45, maybe 55. I had to climb out of the passenger door to get out. The guy that was in the truck in front of me had stopped to make sure that everyone was ok. We tried talking to the guy that was driving the other car but he seemed to be ignoring us. He was gathering his things. After a few minutes, the driver of the other car and the guy that was with him fled on foot. But they remember to grab their cooler before they left. The cops showed up about a minute later and then they went to catch the two guys. The cops came back a few minutes later with the criminals in the back of their car. The driver didn't have proof of insurance on him and probably didn't have insurance at all. I, myself, had just grabbed my new insurance card today. Both cars were totalled, including his 06 or 07 Mustang. The driver of the other car claimed that he was doing only 20mph. He went to the hospital and after he gets out, it is off to jail for him. What a way to end the night after working eight hours.
    Eric Gallusser

Default Re: Effin' Drunk Drivers

Guess you are okay? Sure hope so. If I was you that guy would have got a beat down before the cops showed. I would have blamed the blood on him from the wreck!!!! I have major issues with those that drink and drive. Hope he gets help or rots in jail. The sad thing is he will, more than likely, be back on the road next week.
    USE LIFE TO PROVIDE SOMETHING THAT OUTLASTS IT!!!!

Holy Crap! I'm glad you're okay! I guess you'll have to sue for the damages? My iPod's not still in your car is it?
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

No it's not still in there Jeremy. I took it out on Monday. But I am VERY fortunate that I don't at least have a broken leg because there was just barely enough room left for my legs underneath the steering wheel. I was pretty sore when I got up this morning though. I don't think I will be playing disc golf today as I had planned.
    Eric Gallusser

I'm glad you're okay man!
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

sorry to hear that. I'm glad you're ok. Could have been a lot worse for ya. Guardian angels are great!!
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

glad you are ok

glad your ok, you would think people have seen the show "cops" enough to know better than to run. hit and run is a serious crime and so is dui i dont think theyll be drive'n any time soon.
    NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH
    Bryan Sparrow #38827

LDGC Public Relations

scary night eric - glad to hear you are all good

Wow man that is very serious. Glad you are ok.

Thread Information