Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tennis Elbow

Default Re: Tennis Elbow

Yes I'm back in the club, I hope to beat this injury though. My chiropractor told me I have the spine of a 46 year old injured man. I'm a partial old fart and one heck of a whiner.

I understand your pains. Two years back I broke my neck and bulged and twisted a vertebrate in my low back. My neck doesn't bother much me but my back is in constant pain. I just muscle through it (no meds or exercises) but it really gets to me sometime. I also tore my rotator cuff as a kid and it acts up every once in a while. I'm right there with you bro. What's wierd though is if I DON'T play disc golf for a couple days...my back starts hurting REALLY bad. That's what I tell the wife anyway.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

My back started out as bulged disc and ended up herniated(smashed). Whatever you do don't lift anything over 30-40lbs, thats what made mine worse. Thats the price we pay to walk upright.

Brandon, my father is a tennis player. He has tennis elbow. His began when he was in his 40's and still has it to this day. He is now 73. At the time, he was a serious tennis player, and at the height of his ability. He took vitamin B17 injections back then. It worked, but to what degree he has never said. He also had anti-inflamatory injections too. And yes, he had to lay-off tennis for quite some time. Afterward, he really never regained his competitive edge as he once had. But now, he still plays whenever he can, but now its his hip. Sucks getting old. Anyway old friend, get in touch with me if the pain is more than you can handle. Tennis elbow if im not mistaken is the loss or teiring of the white tendon connecting the muscle to the bone, and yes, my father used a compression wrap over top of the wrist area where the pain was most accute.

My suggestion is to go to ultralight discs if you play. And put emphasis on the short game for now.

Best of luck ole bud and call me anytime if you want additional info regarding the above-mentioned.

Drive for show, putt for dough.

ed - dro "over & out"

Hitchhiking Across The Galaxy
    HitchHiking Across The Galaxy

Ed, you know better. You never use "over and out" at the same time. That is only done in the movies.

Thread Information