View Poll Results: If the ace pool IS NOT hit by the end of PBL, what should the money do?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give 100% to CV Open

5 27.78%
  • 50% to CV 50% rollover to Wednesday leagues

4 22.22%
  • Rollover 100% to Wednesday leagues

9 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ace pool money

Default Ace pool money

Since the question has been raised... Not an official question, just curious what you think.

Default Re: Ace pool money

I don't feel like the ace pool should be given to CVO. Sorry if that sounds greedy or selfish. All those who have been putting money into the ace pool since last summer should have an opportunity to receive that money. CVO is going to prosper with or without this money(look how many sponsers CVO has already). Leagues on the other hand struggles to draw small numbers. There has to be an incentive to come to leagues other than maybe winning 15-20 bucks.

I have been very excited that the ace pool has gotten so high. I would be dissappointed to see it just vanish without an ace. I think this question should be directed to those who come to leagues every week or most weeks. Not to the occassionals or nevers. I believe the pole outcome would change.
    USE LIFE TO PROVIDE SOMETHING THAT OUTLASTS IT!!!!

I agree 100% that the PBL attendees should make the decision. With out a doubt! I did vote yes to CV though. My vote would be the same if I was at PBL every week and even if I hit the ace I'll still donate it. I have a feeling it will be hit though.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

LDGC Public Relations

With the plan to have a second league night in Louisville, perhaps even starting near the end of march - we could split the ace pool 50/50 between the leagues - as to creating an instant incentive to come to both - least for those seeking aces

I like Martin's idea
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

I agree with Nate. And Martin. I'm not for sure exactly where the money would go for the CV tournament. Pro purse, signs, players packages, all of the above, etc. With it staying the leagues it does provide incentive for people to come and participate. I have a chance of hitting an ace on 2, maybe 3 at IQ and maybe 1 at CV but I have been putting in $1 the last 4 or 5 weeks that I have played in leagues just because the pot has been so high.

Putting the money into the bag tag challenge could have been an option too.
    Jason Van Over

i agree split it between the two leagues to give some more people out to leauges.
    themick

Dosen't the PBL provide some of the league entry money already to the LDGC?

The ace pool for leagues should be treated as a side pot and should stay with that particular league.
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new..........Albert Einstein

Yeah...they pull money for the club. It was only a suggestion to donate it to the CVO. Anytime I run a local league at the end of the year I ask the players if they want to donate the money to something, throw off for it, or roll it over. The guys around here (B-burg) usually want to donate it. I understand wanting to roll it into the next area league event...that's more than fine and makes PERFECT sense...I just wanted to plant a seed. I'll fully support either decision.

I've never begged for money for an event before this year. I'm just wanting to put our tourney on the map. Please don't allow my begging to offend anyone.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

why dont you take that money and sponser a hole or something at that event maybe in the name of pbl and maybe that would help get the word out about the pbl then u help the pbl and the event thats just a thought.

Thread Information