Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a 3 on 18 at cv!!!

LDGC Public Relations

Default Re: Got a 3 on 18 at cv!!!

billy is one of the few to eagle twice

Quote Originally Posted by illyB
    got another 3 on 18 today at CV. Crushed an anhyzered 169 destroyer that started to stable out around the trash can. Barely made the turn and when I got up there it was ten feet past the mando into the next field. (lefthand / backhand) Then threw a soft wraith shot that hyzered the whole way, parked within 10 feet. Finally a legit 3 for me there and not a 100 foot upshot.
    Fly freely
    I was like what is all this comotion about getting a 3 on 18 and why is it a par 5? and then I realized Monday when I was playing that there was a friggin mando on it lol...the whole time i was putting it 20 to 30 feet out with a huge anhyzer over the trees with a monarch, but now I understand...i feel like an idiot now lol
    I leave it all to the flying Pig....
    Dave Bustetter

Quote Originally Posted by noLowPuttsDave
    ...the whole time i was putting it 20 to 30 feet out with a huge anhyzer over the trees with a monarch, but now I understand...
    That's STILL a giant shot!!! I've never tried it but I'm sure it's tough!
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Banned Users

It's really not that hard Jeremy. As a matter of fact what would hurt you is the same thing that hurts me.......We throw too big for that shot. I usually end up across the drive in the practice field.

On the other hand I have begun to make 4's real easy on 18. Throw my first shot to the corner out away from the mando, second shot is a dinker forehand around the corner for a set up shot. 3rd shot big "SMURF" hyzer up and over the trees and crashes to within a few feet of the basket. I seem to be the only one or at least one off few trying this shot.

what if you just threw a crush shot to the top of the turn and a high ass thumber torwards the pin, it might be a difficult placement but if done right would be a real pretty 3
    Dave Bustetter

Banned Users

Well that a 350 ft thumber....... I don't think I could throw one that far and that high

yeah this is true,

Sunday after work I decided to say screw the flu and go out and play, was having a decent round sitting at 1 down going into 16, then had a bogey on 16,par on 17 just to finish up with a 3 on 18, threw a Star SL close to the turn, decided to say screw it and threw a ching velocity supreme roller to about 35 ft. out but 5 deep in the woods, and some how by the grace of god, got it through a hole about 8 inches wide, couldn't see it go in but when I heardit go ching I knew it was good, the piggy had settled in the basket. good piggy
    Dave Bustetter

Thread Information