Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fights on TV

Default Fights on TV

Anyone get to see the Pavlik/Taylor rematch? What about Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott MMA fight on Showtime? I knew Kimbo would own Tank, but you gotta see for yourself. He's just getting started. Been following the guy for about 2 1/2 years now. He finishes fights QUICK! And the boxing. If you liked the 1st bout between Taylor and Pavlik, you'll enjoy this one, too. Even though the first match was a more exciting fight. Any boxing fan needs to watch that 1st fight. One of the best 12 rounds I've seen in a long time. I'm sure this stuff will be talked about pretty big over the next few days.

Default Re: Fights on TV

That's about how I feel. I typed a lengthy comment here then hit save not submit, then hit the return button only to find my comment erased. I've done this repeatedly since the site has changed. other then that the sites great.

Anyways back to Larry. Yea I'm a big fight fan, but I was more interested in the Kimbo fight so I didn't buy the PPV. I'm glad you didn't give the winner cause I'll be watching the re-play after the Klitchko fight this SAT. I really hate Showtime commentary though. Theese guys have no idea what they're talking about other the Golberg. Goldberg brings up a intellectual comment about strategy or form, and then that Mauro guy would say yes and change the subject.
    Daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

You tube has a lot of kimbo fights. I like him but I don't think he would make it in the UFC, he is big but slow!

Kimbo can only get better with the right training. I look for him to get PPV status within the next year or so. Unless he's signed with Showtime for awhile,that is. If you wanna see something funny (I don't like that Mauro dude either) go on youtube and look up "Cro Cop punks Mauro" its worth the 7 or 8 minutes. I wouldn't wanna spoil a good fight and give the winner of the Taylor/Pavlik II bout. But if you're like me, you've looked it up online already. I couldn't wait till next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweat
    You tube has a lot of kimbo fights. I like him but I don't think he would make it in the UFC, he is big but slow!
    That's just the way he's been showcased. Kimbo has incredible potential. The "crap" you see on YTube isn't his best. With team Triumph and Bass Ruten he'll pick up the conditioning and ground game he needs to compete with the best. In Kimbo, They're molding an extremely heavy hitter that's a blank canvas, who will absorb any positive BJJ or other ground control and that equals any other heavy weight title holder in UFC recently. In less then a year Kimbo will beat a Silva, Arloski, Couture, or Gonzaga.

The one to be watching that is truly a fighter in learning is Brock Lesnar. The man is a powerhouse and with more training will be dominating. If it wasn't for a bullcrap stop by the ref, he would of made Mir tap due to strikes. One hit on the back of the head and the ref stands them back up, I've seen guys get hit in the back of the head numerous times and only get a warning.
    Josh Drury
    DCDGC President
    Visit us at
    http://www.daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

Coulda been worse. Herb Dean could have been the ref which always seems to end in early stoppage. Not all the time, but i've saw too many bad (and a few good) calls to stop a fight. Steve Mazzagatti DID make a bad call, in my opinion. Brock isn't just a WWF guy. He's decorated in the sport and hopefully get some payday bouts.

It was just awesome to see Lesnar take Mir down like a rag doll. Lesnar does have the talent, he just needs to learn the mental part of the fight. When he had Mir on the ground and was utilizing his wrestling skills he looked awesome but when he took Mir down again he should have never put his leg between a Submission artists legs while standing. If he had mad Mir stand up and fight he would have won.
    Josh Drury
    DCDGC President
    Visit us at

No Brock won't be anything. There's a difference between wrestling and BJJ. I've read and listened to people discuss this before and wrestling back ground guys will admit they have nothing past take downs. That's as far as wrestling will get you, anything past that is jiu jitsu. If Brock can get someone well learned in BJJ on his team maybe he can learn a few defenses, but I'll never pick him over a brazillian jiu jitsu fighter. Plus Kimbo will take him in less then two minutes.

What ground game does Kimbo have. He has no experience in any kind of formal martial arts background. Brock is 50lbs heavier, twice as quick,and stronger. A Brawler is just a stand up and punch fighter, A wrestler already has an advantage by knowing how to work his way around a guy while he is on the mat. Brock already has the ground and pound mentality that most of your champions in all weight classes use. The question is which fighter can take a punch, all we see on the internet are fights that kimbo has won, where are the fights that he has lost. They both just got started in MMA, and just from the fights that I have watched, Brock already has more skill than Kimbo. Hands Down Lesnar over Kimbo.
    Josh Drury
    DCDGC President
    Visit us at

Thread Information