Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toughtest local hole???

Default Re: Toughtest local hole???

i agree that IF hole 10 at bburg was a par 3, that it would be the toughest. BUT just because we all PLAY it as a 3 doesnt make it a par 3. I play CV all par 3's , just for scoring simplicity, but we all know that 18 is not a par 3 there.
    Guess we're back to the "what is par?" discussion. Can you reach it on the drive? if not its not a par 3. Thats the way all the touring pros take it. We can call everything a par 10 and get an ego boost if we want.

I find it easier to get a three on #10 at B-burg than it is to get a four on #18 at Vettiner. If you can't throw a tee shot from the pro pads pretty far up the hill, then the angle is tough to get into position to get a four at CV. Plus, the wind is a factor on many occasions on #18 at CV and it rarely is on #10 at B-burg. Just my 2 cents.

18 at cv is a par 5

i like the the idea of par 10 so i duced #3 and #16(short pin placement)@ cv are those eagles? what about #8?
    NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH
    Bryan Sparrow #38827

yes those are eagles

LDGC Public Relations

so figuring out what the average score would be on the hole is the first priority. Whatever hole adds the most strokes on your score over whatever the average score of the hole might be - would be the toughest hole.

i'm still leaning towards hole 9 and 16 at CV as being the toughest holes on the course - both average 3+ strokes already, and if you aren't gonna get a 3 or 4, your disc probably has ended up in a variety of rotten places along the way and your strokes are adding up - hole 9 has mandos and numerous ob's, lots of wind w/changing elevation, hole 16 upshot through the narrows before a drive that has to get to a pin that is nearly surrounded by woods - easy holes to pick up strokes -

i'm a big fan of hole 9 right now though since i have parked my teebird under the basket the last three times i have played the hole - now that i have written this i'm sure the mando tree will get back in the way

Hole #9 @ Anderson/Dean in 3 is quite an accomplishment

Drive Long, Putt Short & Leave A Good-Looking Scorecard

ed - dro "Over & Out"
    HitchHiking Across The Galaxy

I'm not certain of the hole number, 17 maybe, at the Fun Farm. It's the last or next to the last wooded hole before coming back out to the open field. At the tee pad, the fence is on your right ad it's a slightly uphill shot down a curvy path. That hole gets me every time.
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

I'm going to have to say hole 16 at cv for me. Since I'm a lefty, both my drive and upshot require a delicate turnover with a stingray. Very much a finesse shot. For me to get a three, I have to throw two perfect shots and still have a putt. I love the hole though!
    Thanks to my sponsor

Landscaping and Pressure Washing

I hear ya Billy. I'm a righty and it still requires two perfect shots.

I only three that one 50% of the time or LESS.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Thread Information