Thread: LDGC MYSPACE SITE

LDGC Public Relations

Default LDGC MYSPACE SITE

Hey everyone

I am wondering if there is any golfers out there who enjoy working on myspace. The LDGC has a myspace site that was created early in 07 by Sparrow. I am looking for any one individual or more that might be interested in being the site caretaker. Great place for videos, pics, ace mentioning, anything -let me know.

Martin
    LDGC PR Rep

Default Re: LDGC MYSPACE SITE

I designed that page last year for Sparrow. But honestly, it doesn't see any traffic. Anyone who stops by, usually comes here to the discussion board 10x more often. I'll update it, if you want. But I doubt I'll spent too much time on it. This seems to be the place to be. Right here on the board.

I feel the same way about the discgolfersR.us website. It's a nice online disc golf community and the LDGC has a presence there, but everyone comes here to find out stuff.

Maybe we should use these other two sites, myspace and discgolfersR.us to direct people here. I think it would be good to have those sites updated occasionally with content like images, upcoming tournaments, leagues and stuff so they don't look abandoned. There are still a lot of disc golfers in the greater Louisville area who aren't aware of this site so it's possible they could stumble upon it through those other sites.

Those are just my thoughts, what does everyone else say?
    Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves. Carl Sagan

Sounds good to me. Keep them current but I don't think they need to extravagant. Or...make it amazing...as long as I don't have to do it. Building this board as been a project that has completely consumed me and my time.

I don't know about everyone else but it's hard for me to keep up with this message board, the LDGC PDGA affiliate message board, the clubs "myspace", the club's "discgolferR.us" space, etc. Maybe they should all point to one specific location.
    "...a glass can only spill what it contains..."

Our myspace page was going to be directed at getting a younger audience. I was hoping to get the college and high school age groups, but I think they've moved on to facebook, and they go to these pages for socializing not to find info. I don't know if I'll keep up with DCDGC's myspace. It just seemed to me that the nine people reading it were probably getting that info three times over through other sites.
    Daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com

I could probably keep it updated for you and add things whenever needed. I do have a couple years experience with Myspace.
    Eric Gallusser

LDGC Public Relations

thanks much for the response -

well anyone interested in doing any work on the site just pm me and i will send you the sign in info

myspace as a compass pointing north to the LDGC website sounds like a plan

thanks much

Thread Information